The Summer Sun Awards Winners, 2016

--16th September, 2016--

Guys, remember April 6th of this year? It seems so impossibly far back, doesn't it? Remember that discussion I started in the forums, inviting people to come participate? I remember seeing usernames popping up in my notifications, all of people interested in the contest I was trying to start. A few I can recall on a whim are DannyCepul and LollipopAddict2014.

To all of you who have stuck around since the literal Day 1, I salute you. You could have looked at literally millions of other chats, and you chose the one with two comments by an account called the SummerSunAwards. One can't help but admire that and be so thankful.

And to those who haven't been around since Day 1, but instead Days 24 or 57, I salute you all, as well. Despite shortcomings I'm sure you've all experienced at one point or another, you've all stuck with this. I can't thank you enough.

Thank you to tranquilstars, notdevy, Tegan1311, _BlindDreams_, and annagems for always being up to help with a review (or ten).

Thank you to Saskia_Markovski for joining this team so willingly, and doing a brilliant job at it.

Thank you to s_huddar, firerose11, Saskia_Markovski, CaptainSarcastic101, Nightlck, upbeathell, Jamisters, Dream_catcher0401, and SpaceAdventurer_11 for being the judges of this project. I couldn't have done it without you guys.

Thank. You. All.

I haven't gotten too cheesy yet, have I? I'll just announce you winners already.

So, before you read these, know that those of you who entered two categories and went on in both, there was a system used: if your book ranks higher in one or the other, your ranking there will be counted, and not the one where you placed lower. So if The Summer of Striped Tees placed 3rd in Hurts to Laugh with its 73 points, but in We're Still Young places 2nd, it will be shown as placing in second for WSY. Make sense? Good.

Also, do note that scores are based on the judges' opinions. They filled out a series of questions about your book to come up with final scores. If anyone who participated in this second round wants to see their form answers, please PM Lilia's MAIN ACCOUNT with your book title, and I will provide the judge's name and response, so that you may take any questions you have up with them.

Remember, prizes are TBD!

So, let's get crack-a-lackin! Scores are out of 81.

In BEGINNER'S FIRSTS, first place leading with a total of 78 points, is
First Place: It by DannyCepul 78
Runner-Up: Random Spurts of Poetry by A_Poetic_Kill 69
Notable Mention: Time Tempest by panicking-- 67