♔Goodbye♔

<Dedicated to:  SavvyWard for being my favorite commenter on the last real chapter.

"Kill the [censor] *wakes kyoya and honey up* CHARGE!!!!*transforms into a 60 meter elemental armoured wolf titan*ROAR"

Thank you, that was my favorite! XD Gotta censor it so they don't make me have this as "Mature" pshhhh~>

[Mai's POV]

I cried into her chest.
"Mommy, I missed you so much!" I cried.
She petted my hair. It felt different, it didn't feel like it does when Fuyumi did it. I looked at her and she smiled and stood up.
She turned to Kyoya and held out her hand.

[Kyoya's POV]
I watched as she turned towards me and held out her hand.
"Thank you for taking care of Mai. My name is Suzumi Kyoko." she said.

I shook her hand. "Ootori Kyoya." I said blankly.
"Oh, so you're the youngest son." she said with mock surprise.

I simply nodded. The man with her came over and shook my hand.

"Suzumi Shizou." he greeted.

I looked at him and glanced at Mai, she looked at him confused. No resemblance. New husband? I thought.

"Now that introductions are over, lets get down to what we were discussing." father said.

We all sat down. I sat at the end of the couch, Mai was beside her mother, Mai's new husband beside her. And father sat in his single chair, his legs crossed and a pleased expression on his face.

"Now, down to business." he started. "Please explain everything."

Kyoko nodded and took a deep breath before starting.

"We were strapped for cash at the time, my first husband had passed away earlier and we couldn't afford anything. I didn't know what to do." she said, looking down at her lap. Her voice sounded full of regret, but I don't know about her expression. 

"So you left her in the park to fend for herself?" I asked in a calculated tone.
"Yes." she said.
"And you didn't even come back for her after you got more financially secure?" I continued.
"No." she said.

Mai looked at her heartbroken.

"And when my sister called you, you said that you didn't want nor need her?" I asked.

She shot a look at me and said nothing. Mai had tears in her eyes as she looked to her mother.
"That's not true is it Mommy?" she asked, her voice slightly trembling.
She didn't say anything and Mai looked down sad before sliding down off the couch and came over and sat next time to me. Clutching my hand as if it was her life line.

I patted her knee and squeezed her hand back. My father watched my actions with a cold expression.

"So you want her back?" father asked her.
"Yes. I realize my mistake and I want her back." she said.
"No." I said. "You can't possibly be allowed to have her. You left a 5 year old in the park for several days and with no food."

She shot daggers at me. "You cannot deny me the right to my own child." she said coldly.
"She is right. She should be allowed to have her child." father said, a mocking smile on his face.

"As a apologetic gesture allow me to give you money to help you since we after all, took your daughter from you." father said, pulling out his checkbook. He wrote on it and gave it to her. "This should be enough." 

She looked at it and a smile spread across her face as she showed the check to Shizou, who gave a smile to her.

"Now I am sorry about us keeping Mai from you. You may take her home." father said.