♔Confrontation♔

Dedicated to Anime_lover_life , for the kind message. Never in my time writing has anyone, except one other, sent me a kind message just because of my book. It made me so happy and fueled me to write this chapter. Thank you so much!

[Kyoya's POV]
"Wait in the car." I instructed Mai as I stepped put of the car.
She nodded and continued messing with the glasses of Kyo.
I shut the door and walked down the street. I purposely had him park half a mile from their house.
I walked up the door and rang the door bell.
Kyoko opened the door and glared at me. (Didn't expect that, did you?)
I kept a straight, emotionless face as I looked at her.
"May I come in? I have matters to discuss." I asked.
She muttered under her breath and opened the door more, allowing me in.

"Where is my daughter?" she said coldly to me as she sat down. 

I crossed my legs and looked at her.
"She is in the car. I am not returning her to you." I said to her.
Anger masked her face.
"You can not deny me the right to my child." she hissed. "Your father already payed me and promised my daughter."
"How much dud he pay you? I will double it."
"There is no way you an double it. He payed me a quarter of a million." she said skeptically.

I pulled out my wallet and fished the money out of my wallet. I tossed it on the table and stood up.
"W-Wait... B-But-" she stammered.
"Now, leave us alone. I will be taking her permanently." I said to her. 

I walked out of her house and shut the door and walked back to the limo. I got in and told the driver to take me home. 

*^*^*^*

Mai had fallen asleep on the ride home and I carried her into the house before I confronted one of the butlers.

"I am going to have a meeting with father, do not allow anyone to disturb us." I said darkly.
"Y-Yes, master Kyoya." the butler stammered, slightly surprised.

He scurried off and I headed to his study. I opened the door without knocking.

[Yoshio's POV] (Never thought that was coming, did you?! :D)

I heard the door open and close and I looked up to see Kyoya.

"What do you want now, child? You have already embarrassed me once, do you wish to do it again in the privacy of my own home?" I said to him coldly. 

He kept an emotionless face towards my comment and showed no sign of retaliation.

Interesting... I thought as I watched him sit down.

"Father I have matters to discuss." he said.
"And that is?"
"The permanent arrangement of Mai's living arrangements."

"I will not have it." I simply said. "Her mother wishes for her return and will be questioning it."

"Her mother accepted a payment and agreed to allow me to permanently keep her. She will soon become family." he said.

A mere commoner child an Ootori? I will not have it! I thought angrily.

"I will not have a mere commoner child to permanently live in this house. She will be nothing, but a bad object that will ruin the Ootori name. I will not allow that to happen." I said coldly.

"I will not allow you to take her from me. She means a lot to me and she makes me happy. You may not know what it is like to care about something that is important to you, but I do. I will not allow you to take her away and make her miserable." he said coldly.

He stood up ignoring my warnings. He walked to the door and was walking out of it.

"If you allow that girl to stay here you will not receive any inheritance from me!" I yelled at his back.

He paused and turned around a looked at me.

"Let's be real for a second, father. I am the third born son of a powerful company. I have to live up to two older brothers that excel at everything. Even if you miraculously gave the inheritance to me, I'd rather have her than live a miserable life not knowing how it is to care for someone, like you father." he said, closing the door behind him.

I slammed my fist down on my desk.

"Damn him." I cursed.

*^*^*^*

The Next Day at the Host Club...

[3rd's POV]

"Mai, you're back!" the girls cheered.

"Mhmm." she hummed happily.

"We all missed you!"

"Why were you gone?"
"Oh, you're just so cute!"

The girls continued to chatter on as the hosts wooed them.

Mai happily hummed as she colored at the corner table. 

*^*^*^*

Mai fell asleep her hand still holding a crayon, her heading resting on the table and her arms. Kyoya picked her up in his arms and she let out a small sigh into his shoulder. He caught sight of her paper and picked it up. A small smile graced his lips as he looked down at the drawing of the host club. He placed the picture in the corner by the fireplace. (I don't even know when they put it there.) He told the host club goodbye as he walked out of the door. 

The host club smiled as they looked out the window. They let out a breath of relief.

Everything was finally back to normal...

<A/N: Here is the new chapter that I promised! Sorry that it's kind of short... I usually try to make it 1,000 words and up, but it's only a little over 800... I just didn't have as much time and I didn't want to start the next chapter in this one. Thank you for the 8k+ reads! I even got ranked #982 in fanfiction. It's been great. Thank you!!! I can't wait to continue this story with you guys. Next update is on Saturday or Sunday! See ya then! :D>