Chapter 1: The Ground

"Shh...Aleksy. Go to sleep. It'll be Okay. I promise." The wiggling baby in my arms quit struggling and instead simply looked up at me with his large green eyes. I had to admit he could possibly pass off as mine. I mean we have the same big doe eyes even though mine are a pale hazel and his are a stunning green. I'm afraid of what would happen if he quit looking like me. Even though he is not my biological son I am ready to fight for him until my last breath. And if that means being executed in a few days for a crime I didn't commit I am okay with that. "See. It's alright, love. It's just me." I cooed as I rocked him gently. He made a small giggling noise and stuck his hand out and pulled a blonde curl as it draped beside my face. I smiled down at him. "Hands behind your back face the wall." I froze and turned towards the door to my cell. Two guards stood there weapons ready in case I resisted. I couldn't help but, glare when one of them gasped at the sight of Aleksy. "It's true." He murmured but quickly gained his composure.

"My birthday isn't for a few days I still have time!" I spoke as calm as possible so as not to scare the child in my arms. The guards both flinched still at the obvious threat in my voice. I stepped back as one of them harshly crossed the room and snatched one of my wrist. I hissed in pain and looked down to see that he had put some kind of band on my arm. I can feel needles so it's probably here to monitor my vitals. "Where am I going?" I asked as I was led out of my cell. The guards didn't turn around.

I watched curiously as all the other inmates were being led off just like me. The inmates are called the 100. Because well there are 100 of us. Well technically 101 if you count Alesky. "Leda!" I turned to see my favorite member of the council running slowly across the metal walkway after us. My guards froze into a attention position. "Hello, Mrs. Griffin."

Abigail Griffin is the only person other than my own mother who knows that I am not Aleksy mother. She's the Arks main doctor and has been the key for my sons survival. She's has been slipping me supplies for him since day one. She gives me a small smile. "Hello Leda." She pulls me into a hug. "I need you to listen to me. You are going to earth. I pulled some strings and instead of being executed you are being allowed to go to take care of Aleksy. This bag has enough baby supplies for a year. Be careful." She pulled away like she hadn't been talking at all and I bit my lip to keep myself from asking questions. "I'm going to give you a basic kit for children. Good luck." With that she strapped a large over the shoulder bag to my back and kissed Aleksy on the head before taking off. My guards tugged me harder and soon I was back to being forced down the hall.

We made it to what I identified as a drop ship and I was pushed along with all of the other teens. As I was sat down I looked around to see almost everyone staring at me. "What? Never seen a baby before?" I challenged and most of them looked away awkwardly. "That's what I thought." I stated and suddenly realized that I have to share a seat belt with Aleksy. There's no way it will be safe for both of us. I guess I'll just have to strap him to me and hope for the best. "I don't think we've met before, my names Wells." I looked over to see a boy no older than me sitting on my left. Actually there is no one older than me. "Ah, Chancellor Jaha's son. You look like him. I hope you don't act like him." I stated kindly but firmly. I can't make friends I can't trust if I want to protect Alesky. "My name is Leda Locke. This is my son Alesky." I stated and I was surprised when his eyes melted at the sight of the baby playing with the seat belt around us. "Well aren't you just the cutest guy on the ship!" He stated and I couldn't help a smile as he shook my hand and then one of Alesky's. Soon the screens around started playing a message from Wells father. The chancellor of the Ark.

He spoke about us being pardoned but hardly anyone listened. Most of the wild teens were excitedly chattering amongst themselves. I looked over to see Wells has turned to his other side and was talking to a girl with golden blond hair. Mine is longer though but about the same color. She said something rather harshly to him and he sighed. "Hey. My names Leda." I stated when I saw her glance past Wells and towards me. She stuck out her hand. "Clarke." She stated and I suddenly smiled. "Your mother Abby is the reason I'm alive if your anything like her I think we will be good friends." She smiled and nodded but we were cut off by the ship taking off. I held Alesky to me to make sure the belts didn't hurt him at all. The video feed from the Ark began playing again and I scowled when someone yelled, "Your dad is a dick Wells!" from across the ship. "Hey! Watch your mouth in front of my son!" I yelled back and I heard then laugh. "Don't listen to them." Clarke whispered and I nodded. Then patted Aleksy as he started to whimper. He's probably tired and confused. Babies who aren't stimulated with lots of noise can get agitated when stuck into it. That's why I sing to him so much. He's also a good listener.