Chapter 3: We're not alone

Despite the throbbing ache in my side and the painful protest from my stitches, I pushed myself up from the ground bright and early this morning. The forest is just as beautiful as it was last night despite missing the glowing plants. I never thought I would see anything like this, my mother had one book in our small home and it was just small stories for the children she watched during the day. It had a few pictures but only one of earth. It had a great mountain scene with the sun peaking from behind them. "You shouldn't be standing." I looked over quickly to see Clarke gathering her things. "Well I am going with you to Mt. Weather so I will have to do it at some point." She looked like she wanted to argue so I set her with my best glare. The one that Nigel taught me to use when people didn't want a deal I offered. She crossed her arms. "The more you walk on it the more likely you are to tear your stitches. You also may have minor muscle damage, that thing ,that thing, whatever it was, was looking to take out your muscles so you couldn't escape." I sighed knowing she's right. "I'm still going, I'll just make a crutch or something for myself." I stated and she sighed.

"Here, I can carry her." I turned to see that Jasper and Monty had formed a small v shape behind me. Like they were standing up for me also. Jasper was the one who spoke but, I could tell that Monty was ready to do the same thing. Octavia suddenly came to Jaspers side. "Actually, why don't you help me and the two nerds can stick together." She stated and sent me a wink making me roll my eyes. I'm not interested in Monty like that and actually he isn't interested in me like that either. Monty is very brotherly towards me the way he looks at me is similar to the way that he looks at Jasper. Which is funny cause Jasper looks at me the same way. I think that after learning of my escapades through the vents and my near suicide for the better of an innocent child they began to accept me into their little duo that is now a little trio. In the end, Jasper became a sort of human brace for Octavia because of the wound her thigh that truthfully looks like a scratch compared to what was a set of two gaping holes on my side. Monty carried me on his back like a child.

We ended up on some rocks by the river. Finn and Jasper rigged up some kind of rope swing to cross the river and now Finn is standing on a large rock kinda in the tree line behind us. "You said you wanted to go first! Now quit stalling." I chuckled looking up as Finn nervously tugged on the vine we are using as a rope. Monty stood beside me and Octavia stood on the other  side of Clarke who was on the other side of Monty. Jasper stood up on the rocks cliff area with Finn. "Just hang on to the apogee and you'll be fine." Jasper stated and I laughed when Finn made a remark about that being a tribe of ancient Indians. "Apogee not, Apache." Jasper corrected giving me a lopsided smile when I laughed at his awkwardness. "He knows, today Finn." Clarke butted in and I playfully pouted making Monty and Octavia giggle that is until Clarke looked over at them then me. When she looked at me I just shrugged innocently. "Aye, Aye, Captain. See you on the other side." Finn pulled back beginning to get ready to launch himself to the other side.

"Wait." Finn stopped and looked to Jasper who glanced at Octavia. "What?" He asked and I grinned. "Let me." Jasper said and I fist bumped with Monty. "I can do it." He added when Finn looked unsure. Finn smiled and passed him the vines. "I knew there was a badass in there somewhere." He stated and I rolled my eyes. Finn is such a huge softy inside. "Hey." I called when Jasper looked afraid. "It's okay to be afraid Jasper. The trick is not fighting it." Jasper looked down at me and I patted my stomach with a smile. He must have understood because he grinned. I was showing that I am afraid right now, I'm always afraid, what's going to happen next? What if Aleksy's dad finds out? It doesn't matter that I am scared. I know what I'm doing is right. Jasper sent me a look of gratitude at my understanding. "See you on the other side." Jasper stated. With a 'whoo' Jasper jumped ran for a start and jumped over the edge. He yelled out in excitement or something like it as he crossed the river. He came to a suddenly harsh landing and all of us scrambled to the next vine we had rigged, ready to go get him at any time. He suddenly stood up and yelled, "WE ARE APOGY!!!!!" I laughed with everyone until I started hearing the same rustling sound I heard yesterday.