Chapter 4: The Queen

When I woke up later I could hear a moaning beside me. I looked over to see that Octavia was tending to a sweaty and unconscious Jasper. I grinned a little, he's alive. "Hey." I whispered and realized Monty was also in the room with me. He got up and walked over to help me up. He pulled me to my feet and helped me steady. "So you found him." I stated and suddenly they went on an in depth description of how Clarke, Bellamy, Murphy, Finn, and Wells found him being used as live bait for some kind of big cat. Monty all but forced me to go down and get some of the meat from one of the cats and see my son who I haven't seen since yesterday.

When I got out of the drop ship what I saw shocked me. Bellamy's boys were making people take their wristbands off for food. "Hey." I looked over to see Bellamy coming towards me with a smile. In his arms was Aleksy who was happily eating the baby food Abby packed for him. I held out my arms for Aleksy and he was handed to me. "Hello sweetie, have fun with the boys?" I asked remembering how Octavia said Monty had watched him for a while after Bellamy had to leave to find Jasper. "He's a sweet baby. Very calm. Seems to handle everything as it comes. Just like you." Bellamy stated. I looked up to meet Bellamy's eyes. He looked concerned which shocked me. This is not the guy that has been commanding this camp as a leader. I was about to question him when the wiggling and giggling little monster in my arms suddenly landed a rather soft kick on my side. However, soft or not it still hurt. I bit my lip but, the pain must have flashed on my face because in a heartbeat Aleksy was back to happily wiggling but this time in Bellamy's arms.

I looked over to the stakes of cooked meat by the fire when my stomach made a sound of protest. Bellamy crossed the little space between the fire and us and retrieved me a piece. I grinned at him. "Come sit down, you shouldn't be pushing yourself." I rolled my eyes a little but followed Bellamy to a more secluded area. We sat in some lush grass and leaned on a fallen tree. Aleksy sat in the grass in front of us and played with it. "How do you feel?" He asked and I smiled a little taking a bite  of the meat. "I'm better, you  know, now that I'm not dying of blood loss." I joked and he let out a soft chuckle. "You and that Monty kid seem to get along good." I looked up in surprise at his question. He wouldn't meet my eyes and seemed kind of tense. "Yeah, I told him, Jasper, and Finn about Aleksy. They kind of figured it out when I told them I was the girl who kept climbing through the vents." I stated and at this he looked up at me. "Huh, that's why you know so much. You are the vent girl. And you got caught in the vents when you were supposedly heavily pregnant which is impossible." He connected. I grinned a little. "So, when they figured it out they just kind of accepted me. Jasper and Monty are quickly becoming my best friends."

"So you guys are just friends?" He asked and I rolled my eyes taking another bite of my food. "Yeah." I stated and he seemed less tense. "Who is Aleksy's father?" I looked over to see he was staring at my little boy. "Hell, who is his mother?" He asked and I sighed. I told him what I told Finn, Jasper, and Monty. "Who are his parents?" He asked again and I sighed. "You can't tell anyone. I'll be killed." I stated and he looked over at me and put a hand on my own. "I shot the chancellor. That's why I am here." I looked at him in confusion. Not on why he would shoot the chancellor but, as too why he would tell me. "Now you know one of my secrets that can get me killed so we will be even if you told me." I looked back down at Aleksy and his dark hair paired with his green doe eyes. "His parents are the Kane's." I stated. (Okay I'm not sure if they are actually married and I know Kane has brown eyes but just roll with it.) "Council member Kane?" He asked and I sighed. "Yes. I owed his wife a favor. She helped me out of a bad place someone I used to work for." I stated. We were silent for a while. Bellamy still had his hand over mine. I'm not sure why but my chest feels warm at the feeling of it. My fingers twitched with longing before I gave in. I flipped my hand over and laced my fingers with his.

Bellamy looked down at our hands in shock before he laced his own fingers through mine. "When I was a kid..." Bellamy started a new conversation and soon we were discussing life back on the ark. I told him about working for Nigel and my crazy thirst for knowledge. He told me about wanting to be a guard when he grew up. It was late soon and Aleksy was asleep on Bellamy's outstretched legs using his jacket as a blanket. I yawned. "Where are you sleeping tonight?" Bellamy asked and tingles shot through my skin as he pushed a piece of blonde hair out of my face. "Maybe the drop ship?" I more like asked than stated. He frowned a little and I watched his tan fingers pull away from my face. "I made a place for Aleksy to sleep in my tent. You should just stay with me." He stated and I thought about it before smiling. It's better than sleeping in the cold drop ship. "Thanks." Bellamy helped me up and we passed several pairs of couples in compromising poses laying out in the trees. I laughed when Bellamy kept making sure Aleksy was asleep. We finally passed the dying remains of the once large fire and made it into his tent made of some kind of tarp. He had a bed made and I saw that he had a smaller one similar to a crib nearby it. He put Aleksy in there and looked between me and the bed unsurely.

"Why are you such a wimp around me? I know you've been with girls before. This isn't even like that and you are nervous." I  stated and he rolled his eyes. I gestured to the bed and he sat on it uncomfortably. I unlaced my boots and slid them off along with my socks. Then my jeans came off and my t shirt leaving me in pretty much the same outfit I wore while swimming except I had a pair of smaller underwear now. He was staring at my pale legs when I  looked over at him. He was still fully dressed. With a huff I reached over and tugged at the hem of his shirt. Him being an idiot looked at me in confusion. "I'm not sleeping in my underwear if you don't do it too. So if you want to continue to check out my ass take your clothes off." I stated and he unfroze before quickly undressing while I giggled at his eagerness. Boys are so predictable. I climber under his blanket and he turned off the light he had hung from the top frame of his tent. He climbed under the blanket with me and despite its warmth I still shivered with all my exposed skin. To my surprise he pulled me closer and our bodies melded together like one.

At some time in the night I woke up to the familiar whimpers of Aleksy. I grabbed his supply bag and quickly got him some food. He wouldn't take it though so I figured he was just in need of a good cuddle. Sometimes he doesn't like being alone. It's probably because he's spent most of his life practically latched onto me. "Wise men say, only fools rush in-" I started to sing quietly. Aleksy quit crying and snuggled into my arms as I sat down with my back braced on the bed. "But, I can't help falling in love with you. Shall I stay, would it be a sin, if I can't help falling in love with you." I got to the last verse of the song and was about to repeat the chorus when another voice joined my own. "So that's how you get him to sleep." I looked up to see Bellamy  leaning over the edge of the bed looking down at me. I grinned a little at the sleeping bundle in my arms. "What do you mean?" I asked and he ran a hand through his hair distracting me momentarily. "He woke me up this time last night and he wouldn't fall back asleep. He quit crying when I was holding him but, he wouldn't sleep. He ended up sleeping on my chest I think. All I know is Adam walked out of my tent this morning with a grin and I was still holding him." He stated and I laughed a little.

The image of big bad Bellamy, the guy that no one wants to mess with, holding my innocent little baby with a look of worry while Aleksy just stared at him like 'what' came to my mind. He looked down at me as I got up and put Aleksy back to bed. "You think that's funny? I was worried! I never had trouble putting Octavia to sleep when she was a baby." He stated but his tone was light and left me in another fit of giggles. "I bet it was adorable. Big bad Bellamy Blake, scared over a baby who was just a little lonely." I whispered shivering from the cold night air. He scooted over and let me back in his bed. He gave me a mock mad look but ended up smiling a little. "God, you are freezing. Why do you sleep in your underwear if it's so cold?" He asked pulling me into his bare chest. I snickered. "Because I knew if I did you would too." I stated and he chocked a little. "What?" I laughed snuggling into the blanket. "Hey, your not the only one who likes to check people out. " I whispered refrencing when I got him to strip so he could look at my ass. He laughed a little. "We've been on the ground for two days and you already have me bested. How am I supposed to be a king if I can't even tell what you are going to do next?" He asked and I smiled sleepily. "There is always one person who can leave the king in a blunder. Do you know who that is?" I asked and he shifted me closer to him before answering me. "The Queen."