Chapter 3 - The Velvet Rose.

|Please show your support by Voting & Commenting|

.

Who wouldn't like to receive expensive presents! Everybody feels somewhat flattered when they find out that they have a secret admirer, or when they receive anonymous presents. It's a very humbling feeling, and that is how Marcus felt in the beginning, but with the constant continuation he gout agitated. Even the thought of going to work every morning made his insides turn, he would feel anxious and physically sick. With each passing day and with each present he received, the fear of going to work grew. It was almost as if it had turned into a phobia.

Marcus had to find out who it was and put a stop to it before it grew out of proportion. He could not take it anymore; it was too much for him.

He rubbed his eyes that were tinted with a dark hue from the lack of sleep and yawned, stretching like a lazy cat. He looked pale and sleep deprived. Ever since he started receiving the messages and the presents he had not been able to go to sleep properly, at all. He didn't really know why it bothered him so much, and why it had such a huge impact on him. He sometimes wondered whether finding the culprit would be a good idea, for all he knew it could lead to something that was better left undisturbed. Yet, For Marcus, it was easier said than done. He wanted to know who it was; he needed to know, for his sanity. Yet, the fear that the answer he was looking for would actually be more bothersome remained.

"............Goooooooood morning, early birds. You are back with Fitzy and Wanda at TLz 99.1. For those who just joined us we are breaking down this years Christmas hits also we'll be taking Christmas requests after 8-" The enthusiastic, rough, rich voice, masculine voice said. Marcus groaned and turned in his bed, swinging his arm around he hit the snooze button except he misjudged the placement of the radio-clock and hit his hand on the sharp cornered edge of the white bed-side table. It sent numbingly painful shocks through his arm, the pain rippled up his arm making him cry out in pain.

"FFF8ck." he growled through his teeth as he clenched his arm protectively.

He sat in his car that morning with the radio blasting new songs. The early morning peek hour traffic was terrible; he was literally falling asleep at the wheel.
The radio announcer laughed obnoxiously at one the cheesy lame and sexual jokes the other had said. The random, tasteless jokes and comments continued on the radio as the traffic moved slower than any snail that Marcus had ever encountered.
"So everybody we are taking in more song requests this morning, so if there is anyone special you guys would like to wish 'Merry Christmas' to this is your chanceee!" The first voice said dragging each word out while laughing, Marcus was getting a migraine just listening to that obnoxious man speak.

"AH!" He exclaimed. "It looks like we have our first request! And this one comes from a 'Secret Admirer'" Said the female radio presenter, picking up after her co-announcer. She sounded happy, sheepish and overly energetic.
'Secret Admirer' her words echoed in Marcus' head. The announcer giggled shyly as she read out the message.

"Isn't this interesting Fitzy?"

"That it is... I guess it's the best way to keep your identity hidden during Christmas." Fitzy said and he too laughed. Marcus's heart began to pound as the announcer continued to read the rest of the message. What if it was the same Secret admirer that's been sending him things, he wondered, but dismissed the idea.

"This goes out to Marcus Berkley." she read and let out a little 'awww' at the end. Marcus froze, his eyes stared right ahead at the blue ford that was in front of his car, it couldn't be. With one loud pound, he felt as if his heart just stopped. His eyes grew wide as he listened. His hands clenched the wheel tighter till his knuckles went white. His breath became heavy as he stared ahead into the traffic.
Coincidence – he told himself. He wanted to laugh and cry at the same time.
He was only lying to himself.