Chapter 20 - Remember.

| V O T E & C O M M E N T! |

.

"Thank you detective Jane, if there's anything I'll contact you right away." Julian said, standing from his seat, politely smiling and pushing a hand forward. Detective Jane smiled back and placed his hand in Julian's in a casual yet formal handshake.

"That would be best Mr. Dalton. From what you have told me they sound dangerous. Please be careful, I'll get officers to check up on Mr. Berkley often as they can." Jane said, his Sothern accent was fluid yet clear.

Julian had Charles call detective Jane two days ago when he received the first note and it had taken two whole days from Detective Jane to get back to Julian. It wasn't because he was ignoring it or being disrespectful, he simply wasn't in the state at the time. Standing before him Jane ran his fingers through his short caramel curly hair, brushing it out from his pale face. His emerald like orbs stared at Julian through the thick layers of lashers assured him the full support from the NYPD. Julian's original plan was to have Jane dispatch officers where Marcus lived, it was for both extra security and just incase they made another visit to Marcus. But instead he reviled everything to Jane, from the notes to the presents. Jane's initial thought was almost identical to Julian's and both men arrived at the same conclusion: Whoever the man or woman was they were dangerous, or at least had the potential to be and now Julian had to keeper closer eye on Marcus.

"Another thing Mr. Dalton, you do realize that this incident –if released to the public- can demolish what your father spent years building?" Jane asked, taking back his arm and shoving his hands into his long coat.

"That's why I trust you Jane." Julian said, calmly. "You've helped my father before and you can help me." This was true. Though the man didn't look as old as he was, he'd been in the NYPD for the past twenty four years and during that time he's helped the Dalton family with a lot of crisis situations –discreetly--. Jane's small face and frame made it hard to believe that he had anything to do with the police, period.

"I appreciate your trust," Jane breathed deep and averted his gaze. "But that isn't the issue. Who ever this 'secret admirer' is, he or she obviously does not care for you or anything that happens to you. It's you who has to be careful. They're more likely to target you than Marcus, but I could be wrong." Jane looked at Julian again, thoughtfully.

After detective Jane had left Julian lingered around the restaurant he had met him in. He had to get his own thoughts in order before he could see Marcus again. One of them had to keep a strong mind. Yet, Julian's only weakness was Marcus, he'd always been his weakness. Just the thought of something happening to Marcus made him break into a cold sweat and run to check up on Marcus.

Currently however, Marcus was under watch. Julian had left Allen with him. Despite their differences the two brothers trusted each other more than anyone else. Breathing deeply again Julian grabbed the collar of his long coal coat and stepped out from the restaurant only to bump into something... or more like someone. When he looked down a petite girl stood, rubbing her forehead she looked up. She looked familiar, very familiar to him. He just couldn't place her.

When the girl looked up her eyes widened, it wasn't shock she was amazed, more or less. He realized that she wasn't a girl, she was a woman. Her baby face made her look at least eleven years younger than she actually was.

"Julian Dalton?" She questioned him, eyes wide. Julian raised a brow for a moment then his expressions flattened when he realized who she was. "The Julian Dalton!" The excitement in her tone rose.

Great!

Julian smiled down politely at her. She was at least a foot shorter than he was and her short platinum blonde hair curved around her elongated face. Alana Falcon, the editor of the New York Post. She's been trying to score an interview with him even before the Mayors' case –which to his dismay was adjured due to 'unforeseen circumstances'- Julian groaned avertedly and thought of a way out.