6. Console

Hey guys! So, without checking over my work or even making sure the paragraphs fit together correctly, I'm quickly posting out this chapter because I got lazy and realised I forgot to do it earlier. It's a school night so I don't have as much time so I'll check over this tomorrow. Please note me if I've incredibly fucked up this whole chapter, thank you.

I hope you enjoy!

---

Antonio quickly jogged down the corridors; about to leave school. Sure, he wasn't meant to, but that didn't matter at the minute; he just needed to see (F/N). The words of one of the girls echoed in his head.

"I bet that bitch just went and committed suicide!"

What if that was true? It'd be all his fault for not helping and not doing something. But, he would have heard about it if she was dead; so she just couldn't be! He arrived at the school entrance doors and quietly opened them; he didn't want to get caught. Luckily most teachers were in their lesson, or like his teacher, still in a meeting.

After he'd successfully crept out of the school and out of school grounds; he started running towards (F/N)'s house. He'd only seen it once from when they'd walked home together and he could just barely remember the way. It took a few missed turns before he finally got there. It was a small house, just enough for a couple of people to live in. Antonio was aware that (F/N) lived with her mother only since her father had passed away from when she was little. It must've been hard on both of them, that just made Antonio feel worse. The bullying probably made (F/N)'s life even more harder and he'd still done nothing to help. He really had to make it up to her.

He came to a halt at the front door and took a minute to catch his breath before gently knocking on the door. He could hear some footsteps padding towards the door and next it was opened by a woman Antonio could only assume to be (F/N)'s mother. She looked just like (F/N) and had (H/C) hair. She had a worried expression on her face.

"Hello." He quickly greeted with a polite smile. "My name's Antonio, I was wondering if I could see (F/N)? I'm a friend from school and I was wondering if she was okay." Slight understatement..The woman gave him a sad smile.

"So you're Antonio?" She said and Antonio could only guess (F/N) had mentioned him before. "It's nice to meet you, I'm (F/N)'s mother. Oh." She scooted to the side and opened the door wider. "Come in." She smiled.

"Thank you." Antonio returned her smile and quickly stepped inside, wiping his shoes on the doormat. (F/N)'s mother walked over to the foot of the stairs and peered up them.

"(F/N)! You have a visitor!" She called. No response. She sighed sadly. "She said that she hasn't been feeling well, so I kept her off for the past three days, but I can tell it's not just that.." She gazed over at Antonio. "Did something happen in school? She won't talk to me and I'm worried about her. She came home with bruises and cuts and she always tells me she fell over or won't tell me anything." A look of guilt crossed Antonio's face.

"Some girls from our class found her journal and read it out to the class." He explained, (F/N)'s mother let out a small gasp. Antonio took a deep breath. "Then they cornered her and attacked her." Her mother looked like she couldn't decide which was worse; to have your secrets told like a story or to have been attacked.

"She's always had problems with bullies, poor girl.." She sighed. Antonio bowed his head.

"I'm sorry I couldn't do anything to help.. I'm not that good of a friend.." He said with a frown. That's right, he hadn't helped her.. He'd watched, he was just a bystander.. The woman laughed lightly and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Don't be silly now. You may not know it, but you help her more than you think. You're the reason she's so happy and doesn't completely give up." Antonio raised his head. He helped (F/N)? How? (F/N)'s mother smiled. "You know she really likes you right? She's told me so much about you, I think you should take pride in the fact you've wooed her over so much." Antonio thought for a moment. That was true he guessed... But didn't a lot of girls at school like him? He mentally shook his head. (F/N) wasn't like other girls, she was different and didn't swarm Antonio like the other girls. Instead, she was shy and cute and fun to talk to. If he'd managed to get a girl like her—the girl he now loved back for certain—then he could take pride in that like her mother said; what was even better was her mother wasn't mad at him.