Epilogue

Hermione: 

     My face hurts from smiling so much. Never have I felt this euphoric, not even with Ron. I feared that the feeling might begin to fade after a while... But it hasn't. 

     I received an owl from Harry and Ginny today. An invitation to their wedding. Today is March 7th. The wedding was put off to July 1st (probably due to Harry's busy schedule).  The mail has a return stamp on it, signaling that it needs to be filled out. When I open it, there is simply an RSVP section. After I fill out my name, it asks if I will be bringing anyone. With a grin on my face, I write his name down. 

    "Hey Draco, would you like to attend a wedding with me?" I already know the answer of course.

    "Depends on if it's ours or not." Even though I know he's joking, deep inside I wish he wasn't.

    "Sadly, no. It's for Ginny and Harry."

    "Ah, well I guess I need to go and give her a hard time for agreeing to marry a Potter. Maybe I can show Ron what he's missing out on, eh?" I'll never understand the drastic change that has occurred within Draco. After he let go of the past and has accepted it, he has become what he always could have been. No longer does he have dark circles beneath his eyes. All I see in them is love. 

Draco:

    If only that was our wedding. My father would have a heart attack if he knew I fell so easily in love with Hermione Granger... a "filthy mudblood." Good thing I don't give a damn about what he has to say. 

    My eyes rest on her as they most commonly do. I love admiring how beautiful she truly is. Even when she had that curly, frizzy mess of a head, she was still so damn beautiful. 

    "Hey Hermione..."

    "Yes?" Her voice showed that she had been distracted thinking about the wedding. I took this as my chance to pick her up and tackle her onto the Gryffindor common room couch. My lips find hers and pulls her into the kiss. 

    I don't think I'll ever get rid of the feeling that this girl has given me. I can't because it's made me into a different man. 

    "Speaking of marriage, Granger. Do you think we can do that whole thing one day, preferably sooner rather than later." Her laugh lights up the room. In answer, she kisses my cheek.

   "I suppose we might can work something out Malfoy." 

    I silently thank her. For I know that around her, my smile reaches my eyes.

    "I love you." And with that, I accept that my life is anywhere that she is. And that a girl like Hermione took the great Draco Malfoy and turned the undeserving prat into her man. The man who hopes to spend a little over forever by her beautiful side.