Hermoine's feelings

Hermoine: I can't believe Ron. We have been best friends for 7 years now... But at least it happened now instead of later.
But I still love him...

      I can't figure out where anything went wrong, what did I do. I skipped my first class of the day, even though Draco tried to tell me not to.

      He actually sounded really concerned.

That's another thing I regret doing. I sent an owl to Harry and put in the letter that I had some confusing feelings towards Draco, so I suppose Harry told Ron that. But I think Draco has changed, and for the better. He still makes snide remarks but I can tell in his heart he doesn't mean it. I mean I hope he doesn't. I could just be being rash. All I know is that for some reason I couldn't help to develop feelings towards that boy.
Maybe it is for the best, I'm no better than Ron, even thinking about Draco was like cheating.

    The feeling of a trickle of another tear slides down my cheek. What am I doing?

   My eyes open and I look at the clock, 2:00 PM. Sighing, I realize that I've missed every single class but my last one, DADA.
     Might as well go, today I've been scheduled Head duty following the class.

      I go to my room and change into my school robes and hurriedly brush through my hair. My bag is slung on my back as I run out the door and check the clock again. 2:15. I'm already 15 minutes late..

      My hand reaches the door handle and hesitates for a second.
     I can still skip...

     Just as the idea crosses my mind, Mr. Mannigton notices me and waves me in. Before I enter, I take in a deep breath and walk in avoiding the stares of everyone.

     "It's nice of you to finally join us Mrs. Granger, 10 points from Gryffindor for skipping almost half of my class." My cheeks flame up with heat and I hear Malfoy chuckling behind me. I turn around and was about to give him "the look" but as I glanced at him, I saw he was smiling, actually smiling at me, I found the smile had reached my face as well.

     "Another 5 points from Gryffindor. I can see that Mrs. Granger resists to pay attention to me inside my classroom because she's too busy staring at Mr. Malfoy."

      At this I whirled around and faced forward, my face an even deeper shade of scarlet than before.

     The force of an object hit me in the back of my head. I look slightly behind me and see Draco mouthing something that looks like 'On the ground'.

       "Accio Note!" The folded piece of parchment flies into my hand.
       Hermoine,
Sorry about getting you into trouble, I actually find his accusation incorrect, swapped even. You were merely distracting me.. And I was wondering if after your Head Duty if you would want to go for a walk? Only if you want to, I really need to ask you a few things.
        Draco

     I read over his note a couple of times a bit confused. First I get a letter from Ron and now this? Had Draco read my letter... If so is he just playing with me. But that smile... It reached his eyes. Something I had never seen. I guess some things are worth a shot. The old me would never do this, but I've changed.
      A smile crosses my lips.