Detention

Draco:

    I walk down the hallway to Professor McGonagall's classroom. Thinking about yesterday's events makes me smile and flush of embarrassment at the same time and anyone that knows me knows that those occasions are rare. I stride into the room and notice that Hermione isn't there yet.

    I wonder what's keeping her? She's always early.

    Twenty minutes past and Hermione still hasn't shown up.

    What in Hogwarts name is taking so long!

    As soon as I'm about to go looking for her, she struts in and let me just say my jaw hit the floor. She was beautiful! Her hair was straight, she was wearing a skirt and sweater in Gryffindor colors, but my eye caught a glimpse at a Slytherin green bracelet.

Hermoine:

    Two hours! It took me two hours to straighten my hair and figure out what to wear! I could have been studying for exams or checking my home work for the third time (you never know!) but instead I was getting ready for detention with Draco Malfoy! Not even going on a date but detention! However, as I glanced in the mirror, all my complaining dissolved. Well if he doesn't think this looks good then I should just quit now.

    Checking the clock I see I'm late.  I ran as fast as my legs will let me in this stupid skirt and stop at Professor McGonagall's door to catch my breath before I walk in.

    "Five points deducted from Gryffindor. You're late again Miss Granger. As the Head of your house, you have certain responsibilities you must do. Detention is not one and neither is being late. Mr. Malfoy was actually five minutes early. What do you have to say about that?"

    "Honestly Professor, I'm shocked." Out of the corner of my eye I can see Draco chuckling which makes me grin. Who knew he could make me happy.

    "For your punishment, you two will be sorting all of my books in the room. Make sure you dust them and put them in order. I have some business I need to attend to and I trust that you two will be responsible enough to finish the task before midnight." After this she walks out of the room and leaves me alone with Draco. Probably not the smartest thing.