Cornered - One Secret Out

My eyes snapped back open upon hearing the familiar voice, and I could feel my SOUL pounding in my chest. 'Do I dare I look?' "...h-hello, Flowey..." I meekly replied, slowly turning my head to face the evil Flower, ears flattening beneath my hood. What did he want this time? Was he back to finish what he started? I bit my lip as I stared into his dark little eyes, searching for any sign of malice or foul intent. Though, just as when I first met him, his expression was unreadable. Masked and well disguised. A wolf in sheep clothing. I would just have to wait and see.

Flowey gave a faked innocent smile, the sparkle in his eyes was far from pure. There was something on his mind, and I was sure of it. I could only hope that it didn't involve any more of his... 'Friendliness Pellets'. "Heh heh. Nice to see you again, (Y/N)~! Oh, now don't look so worried. I'm not here to kill you or anything of the sort!" He grinned and I blinked with surprise, scanning his face for any trace of a lie. What was he playing at? First he wanted nothing more than to destory me, and now he's playing all nicey nice? It was obvious that something wasn't right, and I began to clutch Toriel's cellphone tighter while hiding it from his view, ready to dial Toriel at a moments notice.

Flowey could clearly see the distrust and confusion in my eyes, causing him to smirk and give a little chuckle. "Look, now I know our last little meeting was a bit..." He shifted his leaves up and down as if he was mimicking an iffy hand gesuture. "...ehhh... rough? Drastic? Unfair?" He gave a little pout, his petals drooping in mock shame. "I can be a little brash at times, I know. But hey! That's what happens when you're a poor, innocent little flower, trapped beneath the ground in a world filled with cruel and terrible Monsters~..." He gave a sideways smile. "After all... down here? In this world? ....it's KILL... or BE KILLED ..."

I couldn't tell whether this was a facade, or if it was the truth, but no matter which one it was... it certainly sent a shiver down my spine. 'Is it really so bad down here? Is it really... k-kill or... be killed...? Toriel said that I didn't need to use violence down here! She said there was always another way!' ... was it all a lie? My thoughts began to fill me with feelings of fear and uncertainty, and I could feel my tail tucking itself tightly between my legs out of instinct. Though it was hidden from view beneath my cloak, I had a sinking feeling that its movements did not go unnoticed.

"Y'know..." Flowey began, straightening back up with a smirking grin on his face. "There was a reason why I didn't kill ya in the first place...~" His voice became darker and lower, and with one swift movement of his vines, he was looming right in front of my face. My eyes widened with pure fear and I pressed my back up against the pillar, my SOUL pounding as Flowey's face was mere inches from my own. I could feel his breath on my skin. The sweet scent of sunflowers, with the demenor of a thorn.

I didn't want to anger him, and I knew I had to reply. I gathered what air I could in my lungs, and all of the courage that remained in my SOUL before I finally managed to speak. "A-...a-and w-wh-what r-reason w-w-would that b-be...?" I stammered out, my body visibly trembling with fear. Highly amused by the evident fear in my eyes and in my voice, Flowey granted me with a simple smirking reply. "Because... you're new to this game. Isn't that right... Kitty Cat...~?"

I could feel my stomach sink, my face growing pale as I quickly made a move to dial Toriel for help... but that was a bad idea. Flowey had seen what I was secretely clasping in my desperate hands from the very start, and he would have none of it. "Ah ha ha..." With an amused snort, a vine shot out from the ground and snatched the cell phone, my only protection from Flowey, away from me. "Now now... that's a lil' rude, doncha think?" One of his leaves gently reached out to cup my cheek, knocking off the hood of my cloak to reveal my flattened feline ears. His grin widened at the sight, as if every suspicion that he had were correct. "Tryin' to leave so soon, only after I just apollogized? That's not very friendly, is it?" He scolded with a taunting smirk. "Y'know... now I think it's your turn to apologize, little (Y/N)...~"