Chapter Twenty-Three

It was my third month with the Takenaka-gumi clan. I was merely among his insignificant members, or so I thought. I was training hard as usual in trainings.

The clan provided coaches and instructor to teach us new members on self-defence techniques, the art of the samurai sword, including routines to stay fit and healthy, that includes cooked meals, six times daily.

I was one of the very few females. Females are not popular among the yakuza clan, merely because of the fact that they still held traditional values on the role of women. But these past five years has seen the rise in numbers of females being recruited into some of the younger yakuza clan. Although the numbers are still kept at very minimal.

Under Katashi, there are only eleven of us females. All ten are older than me, the oldest being at 30, whom I called Rin. She is very tough and brisk in her manner. She doesn't smile nor talk to any of us. Currently she is the only female among Katashi's right hand people. Katashi has a few of them, whom he selected and groomed himself.

She is also tasked at guarding the boss's wife, Madam Fumiko Taoka when ever she is outside. Unlike Rin, the boss's wife is a total opposite in physical appearance. She is a delicate woman, quiet and docile beside her husband.

But looks can be deceiving isn't it.

The day comes when Katashi finally calls me to follow him in one of his tasks.

I wore my dark suit, specially made for each members by the appointed tailor. My hair, long was tied into a tight bun just slightly higher on my nape.

All 10 of us members went into our black sedans, three of it, with Katashi's car in the second. I was the only female following.

We head to the boss's house.

There, we took our designated position standing behind the boss's chair in a large discussion room and wait.

Then came in eight men in the room, each of them taking their seemingly designated seats. They expressed the perfunctory greetings and wait.

I was surprised to see Madam Fumiko herself emerged from a door on the left, with Katashi right behind her.

She doesn't look at us at all.

She took the boss's seat, smiles warmly at all the eight occupants.

"A matter of displeasing manner has reached my attention, gentleman. I intend to resolve this before my husband gets back," she said softly.

That caught the attention of the eight man.

"It seems that we have a mole in one of your companies. The police was getting a tad too near on the last drug deals handled by our Yamahiro-gumi clan."

"Madam, with all due respect, how did you know that it wasn't from one of the Yamahiro-gumi clan themselves?" the man second on her right ask.

"Because Hiroshi had personally interrogated his members 3,000 members to an extent for killing some just as a lesson," she explains with a smile.

"I expect all of you gentlemen to be prepared to do the same with your men. We have given you millions and millions of profits in business, so we expect loyalty and devotion to our cause." Again, it was delivered with a smile.

"I expect the mole to be eliminated within three days. We will handle the policemen involved after that."

She then rise and gave her final sentence, "That will be all gentleman. Good day."

And leaves the room.