Chapter 5: Engaging the Cyclops!

Jack: "Are you sure?"

Messenger: "There's no mistake. This was confirmed by Grunt who had previously came into contact with Yuudai Takehiko after all. Yuudai Takehiko ran out of the guild laughing!"
----------------------------------------------

Yuu: "Hahaha! I can't believe I'm actually doing this!"

I was running as fast as I could. Where was I running? Well, towards the Cyclops of course!

I never knew that I had such strong instincts. Instincts that cried out to me, asking for battle against strong opponents!

I was following the map on my book to the direction of the Cyclops. I was ready for battle. Despite only having such equipments, I was ready.

As I ran closer and closer to the dot on the map, a tall hill came into view. Hill? No. It was the Cyclops. How huge was it? The information I got from the book was that a Cyclops's tallest height was only 5 meters tall. This giant Cyclops in front of me had to be at least 20 meters. What the hell!?

I had no time to regret my decision as my heart started beating faster and faster. I clenched my unsheathed sword's handle tightly preparing for battle. All I could see from among the forest trees was a giant eye staring at me. I had no shield, so I could only use my sword to deflect his attacks and the only protection I have is this chainmail.

The chance of me dying from this is high, but I feel like if I back off now, I can't be called a hero in the future. I was surprisingly taking this hero thing seriously despite my initial reaction. A gangster becoming a hero seems like an extremely good change to me after all.

What's wrong with me, thinking about such stuff when I'm about to fight a Cyclops? I should focus on the battle!

Yuu: "Hahaha! This world really is the best!"

Saying that, I rushed in. The cyclops began moving and tried to kick me as I ran closer. Running closer, it looked much more bigger. It was really exciting!

After judging that it was a good enough distance, I stabbed my sword into one of the Cyclops's toe as he tried to kick me again and a loud roar could be heard. I clung on to the sword as it lifted its leg and pulled me along with it. I pulled my sword out of its toe at the right moment and was flung up onto its knee. I stabbed it again to hold on without falling down. It was then that it started using its hand to smack me. I continued to stab its leg as it released screams of agony.

I felt a little bad for the Cyclops, but this is all for the rewards that I'm going to get!

I noticed the area around me started to get darker and darker. Another slap was approaching! I dodged to the other side of its leg and it ended up hitting itself. Though, the impact of the slap shook his entire leg, so I felt it as well. Damn, if I get hit by one of those slaps, I'm gone!

I continued climbing the Cyclops inch by inch. The number of times it tried to slap me increased. My progress was even slower because it was now jumping up and down. What the hell, this monster just gets harder and harder by the second.

I had no time to just slowly climb it. I had to think of a different way.

That was when it hit me! I meant literally. He slapped me off of his leg while I was distracted and in the next moment, I was free falling down into the forest below. I had managed to pull out my sword from its leg just in time though, so I was still holding on to my sword.

Ah! That's right! There was that place. It can help me trap the Cyclops!

I began running through the forest as the cyclops chased after me, destroying all the trees behind me. Damn, this is exciting as hell if I didn't already say it.