Chapter 3

This chapter is dedicated to Demons_angels    XD          

Chapter 3

Rain Summers

I had cried myself to sleep after the rejection but as soon as the nurse woke me up I felt numb to my emotions. I was on autopilot and that was ok, it was better then feeling any more pain.

I signed out, nobody stopped me instead I received pitying looks as hushed conversations were plagued by the darkness that was inflicted upon me. They talked about me never to me and that was how I left the hospital.

I checked in at the police station to see how the investigation was going. I laughed when I saw the police chief who paled only slightly before smirking to my dismay. It was him the man who dragged me into the clearing.

I smiled for my tears had dissipated with my hope. He looked confused until I approached him and whispered, " I will give each and every one of you five years to live. When I come back you will wish that you had killed me."

My words were simple, he huffed in reply as though my tiny form could not carry out that promise.

Maybe I should have killed them then so they could never hurt another person again but I was protecting two vulnerable lives and they came first. I wanted to be a mother before I was a murderer, if I could even kill.

So I left before they could realise what I stole, knowing that one day I would come back.

Dexter Conner

She left, I watched as she used the money I had given her to pay the hospital fees. I forgot about that but the sum I had given her was not enough I knew that and so I knew she paid the rest with her money.

She must have come from wealth for her to be able to pay upfront and still use my money. Just pathetic, I watched her as she walked out of the hospital. I walked behind her listening to the comments fluttering around about my mate. I mean about her. Susan is my mate but it seems that she never could keep a secret. I tried to calm my wolf as we watched her leave in a cab.

That's when I felt something die within me and I realised that it was irreversible.

Doctor Whyte approached me a while later where I remained standing to give me a report he forgot to inform me of.

My mate is pregnant.

She left with the heir to our pack an alpha child.

As I turned to return to the hospital allowing the facts to sink in I realised that all the flowers in the hospital had turned black and withered ready to turn to ash.