Chapter One- When William Came

I think that a good place to begin is the day Billy came to become a Regulator. At the time, of course, he was only trying to escape a hanging. I think. 

Doc, Mr. Tunstall, and I were in town, about to get a small refreshment before going back home. 

"Now," Mr. Tunstall said. "I say we stop at the Juan Patron for one jolly big dram and 2 ginger beers with whipped cream."

"Who gets the whiskey?" Doc asks. 

"Me," I joke. 

"Very funny," he replies, rolling his eyes up. 

"Seniority," Tunstall says, to answer his query. "The one closest to the coffin." I laugh. "However, if I buy you a dram, you must promise not to tell the others."

"Yes, I promise," Josiah smiles. However, none of us got a drink. At that moment, a gun went off, making me and Doc jump noticeably. All three of us turned to see a young man, about 18, running from the sheriff's posse. 

"Oh, no," John said. "Not another hanging." I hopped into the back of the wagon with the flour, sugar, and other things we had bought. We rode over to the pig sty that the man jumped into and stopped. The man pulled a handgun, but Doc was ready, aiming his rifle at the man. 

"Hi there," Doc said, friendly. 

"Hop in," John said. "Don't be afraid, go on now." I jumped into the front between John and my brother, and the man climbed into the wagon. 

"What's your name?"

"William Bonney. Call me Billy."

"Where you from?" Doc asked, but Billy acted as though he didn't hear.

As we rode back towards the house, we heard Dick shouting. He was on his horse, blocking Chavez and Steve from fighting. John introduced the boys, and then it was time for dinner. 

"You ever have beef before, Billy?" Dick asks.

 Billy nods. He mentions Pete Maxwell, a man we knew. "Got away with some cattle. For some strange reason, Steve found this really funny. After an admonishment from John, he stopped laughing, but started again when Charlie made a comment about pigs or something. John scolded them lightly, and they apologized. "Just hackin' on ya," they said. After a moment of silence, Dick looked over at Billy.

"Rumor has it you killed a man, Billy." I looked up in shock, this was news to me. 

"You don't look like the killin' type," I say to him.

"Yeah, what'd you kill him for?" Steve asked. 

Bully looked at him. "He was hacking on me."

I started laughing, and choked on a mouthful of corn. Steve and Charlie looked scared, Billy looked satisfied, and Chavez and John just smirked, while Doc made sure I wasn't going to die. 

Heyyyyy bitches I'm back, Wattpad is working again. I'm really sorry that I haven't been updating this, I lost my notebook. So I'm going to upload 2 or 3 chapters today to make up for it. Bye! love you all so much.