3: Opportunities

Chapter 3: Opportunities

When I said I had a weird feeling in my gut that was having a conflict whether my day was gonna turn out good or bad, I never knew it was real.

Bad thing, getting in trouble with Mr. Gilbert, but I tell you, it was really worth it because the good thing is THIS!!

I couldn't believe it. Avril was standing beside me, leaning against the lockers. She was wearing a black tank top with a tie, black pants and her black converse. Her back pack was slung over her shoulder and she was carrying her skateboard. My mind was still processing if I was dreaming or not.

I must've stared at her for too long because she looked behind her and looked back at me then smiled questionally.

"Are you okay, Denver? You look like you've seen a ghost. Do I really look that ugly?" she asked sounding more curious than worried.

She knows me? She knows me! Realization hit me. This is real. This is fucking real. I better make the most out of this. This is my opportunity. This is my chance.

I stood up and patted my pants.

"Avril. Oh no, no. Infact, you l-look beautiful. I-it's just that I-I didn't expect t-to see y-you here," I stammered. Damn, do I have to look like a fool infront of her?

She giggled. It's that sound again, making me remember the first time I saw her. After hearing it, I wasn't nervous anymore. I feel so relaxed just like how I first heard her giggle. It lets all the tension out and luckily, I'm not having an upset stomach.

"Never seen a girl out in the hallways before?" oh sarcastic Lavigne.

"Of course I have. Just not at this time. Why are you out here anyway? Out for a potty break I suppose?" I finally had control. Just hearing her giggle made it all happen.

"No!" she laughed, "actually, I also got kicked out before you. I saw you storm out of your room and I followed you."

My life time crush followed me, instead of me following her! This day is turning around and around.

"That was awesome back there," she said with amazement before I could answer.

"Wait, you saw what I did?"

"Yeah. Like I said, I got kicked out right before you. I heard talking, like someone's fighting, so I got curious. I took a peak and saw everything," she said like she couldn't believe it. Don't worry, I couldn't believe it either. Especially what's happening now!

"Yeah, well he didn't deserve it. He's just doing his job as a teacher and--"

"Didn't deserve it?!" she asked, incredulous. "Are you kidding? I got slapped by that crap of a ruler of his plenty of times in one encounter! Dude, I couldn't even play a single instrument!"

"I know, I did too," did she say instrument? "I wasn't in the mood and everything just went out of my mouth unintentionally."

"He should still stop it though. You're right, it's abusive. Why did our principal even accept a sadist like him?" she raised her hands up in the air as if to say, 'what is wrong with people?'

So since that was a rhetorical question, I didn't bother answering it. I just nodded, until curiousity got the best of me, "so why'd you got kicked out?"

She shrugged then sat on the floor and crossed her legs. Once she sat down beside, she said, "Same as you. I made a fool out of Ms. Mendeline."

Ms. Mendeline is our history teacher. She's actually one of the teachers that I like because of her long patience. Then again, Avril messes with all teachers.