Chapter thirty-three

I'm shaking. My stomach is in knots and I'm about to face the one person who not almost killed me, but killed a numerous amount of young innocent girls and my boss.

Everyday I am reminded of that horrible day by the scar that was left from the bullet wound on my flesh. I could have died, but I didn't. I'm lucky and thankful that I am still alive, but all I care about the most right now is getting justice.

Why should there even be a trial for this? The person killed people and then ran and got away with it until now. I feel like they should have the death penalty for killing others and putting families in pain. It's selfish and sickening and whoever it is... Deserves to rot in hell.

I just have a crazy feeling that it's someone that I use to date. I don't know. Ugh.

Justin is in the house right now slipping on something to wear to court and then we are off to the courthouse.

I can't stop nibbling on my nails. They are already at the nub and I just can't stop. I'm not going to have fingers by the time I'm done.

Ugh. This is the worst feeling.

"Alright, let's go." Justin said getting into the van and shutting the door behind him. He smelled fresh and he looked good as well. I really wasn't in the mood to compliment him or mess around, so I just sat in silence.

"You okay babe?"

No.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said looking out of the window as we pulled off.

His lips crashed gently into my temple and lingered there. "I know you're not okay, but you will be." He said softly.

I don't think I will be okay, but whatever floats your boat.

Justin caressed my back gently as I sat anxious and pale, lost deeply in my thoughts.

The van stopped and it felt like my heart did too.

Justin opened the door for me and grabbed my hand as we walked up the stairs to the double doors.

I took a deep breath and stopped in place.

"You ready?" Justin asked licking his lips.

"Do I have a choice?" I asked nervously.

"I'm afraid not Chris." He replied with a kiss on my forehead.

He motioned me inside as he held the door open for me.

My heart is racing.

"You're okay."

"Justin... I'm not okay."

"I'm right here."

We walked inside the room and random unfamiliar faces turned their heads as we walked in. All eyes were on me and I hated it.

"Ms.Benson, good to see you." My lawyer said shaking my hand.

"You too." I said sitting down next to him.

I looked around the room trying to find the person with their attorney, but I guess they haven't brought them in yet. The judge wasn't even in the room yet so I guess we are early.