Chapter 1: First Introduction

"The body of Beth Davenport, Junior Minister for Transport, was found late last night on a building site in Greater London. Preliminary investigations suggest suicide. We can confirm that this apparent suicide closely resembles those of Sir Jeffery Patterson and James Phillimore. In the light of this, these incidents are now being treated as linked the investigation is ongoing but Detective Inspector Lestrade will take questions now." Sally Donovan said to the gathered press reporters.

Lestrade, who looked uncomfortable to be there, sat in the middle of the table while you sat on his right and Donovan sat on his left. "Detective Inspector, how can suicides be linked?" asked one reporter.

"Well, they all took the same poison; um, they were all found in places they had no reason to be; none of them had shown any prior indication of..." But Lestrade was cut off by the first reporter. "But you can't have serial suicides."

"Well apparently you can." Lestrade said. "These three people: There's nothing that links them?" a second reporter asked. "There's no link been found yet, but we're looking for it. There has to be one." Lestrade replied and in that instant everybody's mobile phone goes off.

WRONG!

It said and you let out a small sigh and grabbed your phone:

Sherlock!
Don't!

-(Y/I)

You hit send but don't get a response, which was not normal. He usually text you right off the bat, but not this time. "If you've all got texts, please ignore them." Donovan said. "Just says, 'Wrong'." said one of the reporters. "Yeah, well, just ignore that. Ok, if there are no more questions for Detective Inspector Lestrade, I'm going to bring this session to an end." said Donovan.

Then another reporter stands up and asked "But if they're suicides, what are you investigating?"

"As I say, these...suicides are clearly linked. Um, it's an...it's an unusual situation. We've got our best people investigating..." Lestrade replied then, once again, everyone's mobile goes off:

WRONG!

You growled under your breath and texted:

Knock it off, Sherlock!

-(Y/I)

Again, no response. "Says, 'Wrong' again." One of the reporters stated. Lestrade looks over at Sally then at you, despairingly. You shrug as Sally said "One more question." A third reporter raised a hand and asked "Yes, but if they are murders, how do people keep themselves safe?"

"Well, don't commit suicide." Lestrade said and the reporters look at him in shock. You cover your mouth and muttered a warning. "Daily Mail." You whispered and Lestrade grimaces and looks back at the reporters.

"Obviously this is a frightening time for people, but all anyone has to do is exercise reasonable precautions. We are all as safe as we want to be." Again, the mobiles go off:

WRONG!

But your's and Lestrade's phone took a moment longer to alert you a text.

You know where
to find me.

-SH

You smirk at this while Lestrade looks exasperated. "Thank you." He says to the reporters and you, him and Donovan get up and start walking through the offices of Scotland Yard.

"You've got to stop him doing that. He's making us look like idiots." Donovan said, obviously annoyed.

"Well, if you can tell me how he does it, I'll stop him." Lestrade argued. Donovan throws you an angry look.