Chapter 5: A 'Drugs' Bust

You, Sherlock and John make it to Baker Street. As you enter, John hangs his jacket on a hook on the wall while Sherlock drapes his coat over the bottom stair bannisters.

The three of you lean against the wall, trying to catch your breath, as John said. "Okay, that was ridiculous. That was the most ridiculous thing I've ever done."
"And you invaded Afghanistan." You replied and John starts to giggle, soon you and Sherlock start to laugh as well.

Sherlock stares at you as you and John continue to laugh. He liked your laugh, it gave him this strange feeling inside that he hasn't figured out what it is. Everytime you said his name or you made your own deductions, he gets this feeling, like butterflies are in his stomach and when you look at him and give him that beautiful smile, he can't help but smile back.

"Why aren't we back at the restaurant?" John asked.

"Oh, they can keep an eye out. It was a long shot anyway." Sherlock said, going back to being serious and waving his hand dismissively.

"So, what were we doing there?" John asked.

"Oh just passing the time." Sherlock replied and he locks eyes with you and, again, have this silent conversation with each other.

You turn to John and said. "And proving a point." John looks at you confused.

"What point?" He asked.

"You." You and Sherlock said, in unison.

"Aunt Martha! Doctor Watson will take the room upstairs." You shouted.

"Says who?" John asked.

"Says the man at the door." Sherlock said, looking towards the front door.

At that moment, there was a knock at the door. John looks back at you two and walks to the front door and answered. You, still trying to catch your breath, leaned your head on Sherlock's shoulder and took a few deep breaths.

Sherlock looks over at you and felt his cheek turn red at this but shakes his head and tries to keep his face straight. "Sherlock texted me." Angelo's voice said, at the front door. Sherlock looks over and sees Angelo hand John his cane. "He said you forgot this." He said. John stares at the cane in surprise and said "Thank you." John said as he grabbed his cane from Angelo.

You lift your head from Sherlock's shoulder and smile over at John as he walks back in the hallway. Mrs Hudson hurries out of her flat and approached you, Sherlock and John. "Sherlock, what have you done?" She asked, she looked sad and worried.

"Mrs Hudson?" Sherlock asked.

"Aunt Martha? What's wrong?" You asked.

"Upstairs." She said, pointing up and you and Sherlock run up the stairs.

Sherlock opens the door and you see Lestrade sitting casually in Sherlock's armchair. It looked like half of Scotland Yard was inside, looking through Sherlock's possession. "What are you doing?" Sherlock asked as he storms over to the Inspector. "Well, I knew you'd find the case. I'm not stupid." Lestrade remarked.

"You can't just break in my flat." shouted Sherlock.

"And you can't withhold evidence. (y/n), you know that. And I didn't break into your flat." Lestrade argued.

"Well, what do you call this then?" Sherlock asked, holding his arms out. You look around and knew what he was doing.

"A drugs bust?! Really Lestrade?!?!" You said, angrily. Lestrade gave you a 'yes I'm serious' look. "Seriously?! This guy, a junkie?! Have you met him?!" John asked as he makes his way into the flat.