Land Of The Dead

The blue speckles of light were the last things to reach my eyes before I was plunged into a world of darkness.
I could feel myself plummeting, but I wasn't sure where I was going. The air was brisk and sharp as if it was a late Autumn night.
Like Halloween almost.
All at once, a violet grey colour hit my eyes. And then the world became visibly transparent.
I was falling down through a world and the land was growing clearer and clearer to the eye...
Soon, I was down on the grass with an almighty thud, amongst the others who fell after me.
Groans were heard as I dug my elbow into the ground to support myself sitting up. On my knees, I gazed at the world around me. The sky was a distinct purple and grey and the ground was a mossy green.
But the most significant thing was the twin moons. They were glowing vibrantly in a smooth silvery light, brightening what seemed to be a dismal ghost town.
I knew.. this wasn't home.
"Where are we?" Lukas groaned beside me.
"Clearly not home!" Petra muttered agitated. It was clear to see that this world was nothing like back home. Because for one, I had never seen the stone wall area we had landed in. The ground within the stone wall was covered with mycelium and in the centre lied a cobblestone block with something on top.. I just couldn't see what.
Rising to my feet, I pointed curiously "What's that?"
The others gazed in my direction and began to walk over there, confused looks residing on their faces.
Upon reaching the cobblestone block, I instantly picked the item up.. it was a dusty maroon book with a rough leather coating. Lukas raised his eyebrow "Hm. A book."
"Nooo... it's a chestplate! Of course its a book" Ivor responded in his usual brisk facetious tone.
My eyes wandered back down to the book. Unclipping the strap on the book, I opened it. I read aloud, gathering the attention of the others with my heightened voice.
"Invitation.. Read immedietly your life depends on it.." I coughed awkwardly a "Ahem".
Instanteousely, from behind us, a familiar grunting sound filled around us.
Turning around, a mass horde of zombies appeared. I guess this book was quite literal.
"Well this is good timing!" Petra groaned as she yanked out her golden sword "Keep reading Jesse. We'll fight the zombies away"
"Or at least try to" Lukas added.
Doing as they said, I stepped up onto the cobblestone block and skimmed through the pages of the book.
....
Oh my god.

The book read:

"I see you have found my book here, in the land of the dead. Don't be alarmed by the mass horde of zombies - they're merely a test on whether you deserve the right or not to be in my land. But now that you're here I assume that, like the others, you have done things you're ashamed of. If you would like to meet me, head to the mansion upon the hill. Like I said, Jesse, I owe you."

What?
How... was this WP?
Snapping me from my thoughts, Lukas yelled "Jesse what does it say?!"
"Uh..uh.." I stammered. I couldn't read to them what was on here.
"Well?!" Ivor added whilst slashing a zombies stomach.
I had to make up this speech.

"It uh says, Greeting dear travellers, I humbly invite you to my mansion for some safe proximity away from the horde of zombies"

That was the best I had.
Suddenly, as the word "zombies" left my lips, one viciously grabbed my leg and pulled me down onto the floor, hitting the back of my head sharply onto the cobblestone block.
"Ah!" I grunted in pain. The zombie growled ferociously, holding onto my leg as tightly as it could. Plunging my upper body upward, I jabbed my sword into the zombies chest, making it dissappear into the usual misty smoke.
By my side, Petra ran over and held her hand out.
"You okay?" She asked slightly breathless as I took her hand. She lifted me sharply with anticipation but carefully too. It matched the same pressure I was putting on the book.
"Yeah. I just lost control for a second there". I brushed the coarse dirt off of my armour before shutting the book away into my inventory.
"We can't stay out here for much longer guys, we have to head to the mansion!" Lukas demanded in an imperative tone.
Part of me agreed, but the other part was apprehensive. Would WP tell everyone about what happened with Aiden? Or would they do it discretely.
I had no idea. But unfortunately, pondering on this wasn't exactly my top priority.
"What are we waiting for then? Lets go!" Petra yelled and charged forward. She was shortly followed by Ivor, Lukas then me.
The mansion was became clearer in sight but the journey wasn't easy. Ivor and I split into one group and Lukas and Petra split into another as we took on the zombies, competing for who was the fastest there.
I was sure I was in for a clear win, but getting knocked into the water by a zombie, then being attacked by a spider and nearly shot by a skeleton in the foot wasn't the best.
Eventually, Ivor and I arrived just before Petra and Lukas, panting heavily at the mossy stone gates. Upon Petra's arrival, I turned around and smirked at her.
"Took your time didn't you?"
"That wasn't my fault!" She insisted "I just had to save Lukas' butt about 15 times!"
"Hey!" He interrupted offensively.
I laughed slightly. It felt weird to laugh after everything that had happened but it felt.. good. Maybe this land was having an affect on me.
Ivor suddenly pitched in "I hate to interrupt this little conversation but in case you haven't noticed, we are still surrounded by zombies!!"
He sounded frightened.
"Aw come on Ivor, can't take on a few brain dead creatures?" Petra joked and ran through the gates. Lukas followed adding "Imagine what you're like on Halloween!"
As we ran, slicing zombies left right and centre, the conversation continued, but with huffs and puffs heard.
"I'll have you know that those little monsters that run around are not a problem of mine!"
"Oh really? Because last year, you almost hit the creeper dressed kid in the eye!" Lukas laughed.
"He had it coming!!"
Running around the mansion, blocking out the talk momentarily, I swiftly looked up into the window to see... wait what?
Staring at me, was clearly some kind of person. In a costume.
They wore a fully blue suit, black gloves and a white pumpkin head.
Suddenly, it clicked.
WP - white pumpkin.
They were waiting... for me.

(HAPPY HALLOWEEN GUYS! Thankyou so much for your support on Part 1 of this fanfiction and I hope you continue to do the same on this one! Love you all)