An Unfriendly Encounter

Pausing to catch our breath, we all huddled around a dark oak tree. Lukas, clearly the most panicked of us all, turned toward all of us and almost cried out "Did you guys see that in the window?!"

Time to play clueless Jesse.
Shaking my head along with the others, Lukas explained himself "In the window, there was this.. creature" He put emphasis on the word creature disgusted "And it had a white pumpkin for a face".
Ivor laughed comically "A white pumpkin?! There's no such thing as white pumpkins, you fool!"
"I'm telling you, that's what I saw!" Lukas insisted, with a distinct annoyed look aimed at Ivor's jokes.
"Are you sure that's what you saw?" I questioned him, placing a sense of uncertainess in my voice. I knew it was a bad move, making my friend think he was crazy and all but if he knew about WP, he'd most likely go looking for them.
I had to find them first.
Looking at me, still insistent, Lukas replied more softer "I'm sure it was. It could've just been a statue though"
"It probably was. Now we have to figure out how to get in"
We all glanced over to the door. It was surrounded by a horde of zombies - trying to get in there would be like trying to fight me - it results in death.
Bad time for jokes Jesse.
Suddenly, Petra pointed up to a nearby window "Look, there!"
Ivor gazed up and spoke the obvious "It's a window."
Rolling her eyes, Petra replied in a dumb slow tone "That's how we'll get in there dummy!"
I couldn't help but smile slightly. Usually, Lukas would've laughed but he looked as if he was trapped in his own thoughts. Most likely questioning the White Pumpkin situation. Or who killed Aiden. He was the only other one who read the note properly which was found on Aiden.
Meaning it wouldn't take him long to put WP = White Pumpkin together.
Luckily, we had other priorities.
Ivor groaned "Let's just get up there. Everyone gather some wood! We're climbing up!"
Responding to Ivor's orders, all of us gathered wood hastily before managing to climb up onto the window ledge. The glass was stained a dark grey colour.. And was double glazed.
"Two panes of glass to break through. That's not gonna go unnoticed" Lukas pointed out. Quickly, I yanked my sword out from behind me and grinned. "Good!"
Without hesitation, I smashed my sword straight through, making the glass smash into smitherines. No thought process entered my mind, just pure instinct, as I moved the glass out of the way with my bare hands.
From behind me, Petra spoke surprised "Jesus Jesse I knew you were tough but I didn't think you were insane"
I turned around to her, a small smirk on my face arising "The more you know"
She looked at me, her eyes wide, unsure how to react. I didn't know why I felt the need to smirk but it impressed her nonetheless.
Turning back, I stepped through the window and landed straight onto the wooden floor. Looking around, it was clear we were in a large kitchen area. Stone furnances were placed all around the room, along with a massive pantry full of food. Axel would've loved this. If only he and Olivia had decided to come with us.
Then again, I probably wouldn't have done the things I did if they came.
Snapping back to reality, I noticed a murmer of voices come from a spruce door in the corner. Whispering slightly, I asked the others "Do you guys hear that?"
"Yes, I do." Ivor responded, suspiciously.
The voices grew louder and louder. They sounded rough, coarse and bold. For some reason, an inkling of danger hit me. Gripping tightly to my sword, I ran over toward the door and hid in a gap in the walls.
"What are you doing?" Petra questioned. I rose my finger to my mouth, making all 3 of them frown at me. If they just knew how to go along with a plan...
Swining the door open wildly, through the cracks I could see two men walk in. Before I got a real chance to look at them, I grabbed the collar of one of them and through the sword around his neck.
"Ahh!" The man groaned in surprise and terror. The other man, wearing a turquoise tank top and black jeans, almost growled at me and the others.
"Wh-what's going on here?!" He demanded. All the eyes in the room laid on me. I was the one who'd made the initial move.
How to play this...
Hm...
WELL I'd tried to get home, ended up in the land of the person who helped me kill Aiden, and was in a mansion with people who could potentially be this person.
I was angry. Furious.
"I wanna know who you people are, why we're here and what in the hell this place is!"
"What a nice approach.." Ivor muttered, questioning me.
In the same tone, the angry looking man responded "I'll tell you once you let my friend go you little psychopath!"
From the inside the cage that was my arms, the man trapped gulped "Please let me go".
Part of me wanted to strangle him, part of me wanted to stab him, and then there was the part that wanted to test him.
Looking around, I was running out of time. The voices were beginning to echo around me but one voice stayed prominent. It dulled all the outer noises and spoke directly to me "Do it Jesse. Kill him."
"What?" I thought inwardly.
"You know you want to, kill him. It's just another life down"
My body couldn't distinguish where the noise was coming from, yet the booming sound from every word spoke felt.. painful.
I didn't know what was happening to me.
Whilst the voice was silent, I heard Ivor, Lukas and the man mutter my name dimly.
"Jesse!"
"Let him go now you little psycho!"
"Jesse what are you doing?!"
...
"Jesse"
Her. It snapped me back into reality. With a deep breath and a widening of my eyes, I dropped the man to the floor. It was Petra, who'd brought me back. Snapped me back into reality.
I had no idea what was happening, or why it happened but I was sure of one thing..
That voice.. was mine.