Chapter 3

I woke up to the sound of someone desperately knocking on my bedroom door. I checked the time and it read 6 A.M. I sigh thinking that the sooner I answer the sooner I could go back to bed. And so with that in mind I made my way over to the door and answered it.

I was greeted with a slightly sleepy and irritated Maria. "Why didn't you open you're door earlier I have been knocking for a solid ten minutes" she asked annoyed. "Maria to what do I owe this pleasure" I responded after deciding to ignore her attitude as I didn't know how to respond without getting her more irritated. "Uncle asked me to fetch you for breakfast so you can show me around Moonacre Valley" "Fine I'll be down in ten minutes" I gave in. With that Maria left my room and I began getting ready for what was going to be a long day.

I chose to wear my ripped jeans with a black shirt, a green jacket and my black boots.             When I was finished I went downstairs to have breakfast. 

To say that breakfast was awkward is a understatement and to make the matter worse my dad left the room causing it to be even more awkward then before. When we finally finished I instructed Maria to get ready and to be in the hallway in five minutes.Digweed went to fetch the horses on which we we're going to ride through Moonacre. After about five minutes Maria arrived in the hallway and we got out of the house.

Outside the house Digweed stood with my horse Moon and Perriwinkle. I went over to Moon to pet her while Maria got comfortable with Perriwinkle as she was slightly afraid of her at first. I saw Digweed helping Maria on Perriwinkle and so I got on Moon. We said our goodbyes and left.

After riding for a while and making small talk Maria suddenly spoke up asking "What's so special about this forest anyway?" This question took me a bit off guard but I just responded saying "Would you like to see for yourself?" "But uncle told me that I can't go into the forest" "I won't tell if you won't" We settled the horses at the begining of the forest and made our way inside.

After walking for a while Maria suddenly caught sight of a rabbit that was stuck in a basket. "Maria don't open that it's a trap!" But Maria already opened the basket and on cue a group of guys came out surrounding us. Immediately regonising the group of guys I spoke up saying "Is this really the only way you guys can catch woman cause that's pretty pathetic even for you Robin" I said smirking. Robin chuckled but still responded saying "Hello Emily it's nice too see you too" "Wait you know this guy" Maria asked in shock. "Yeah I do why?" responded confused.   "That's the guy that tried to rob me when I got to Moonacre" "Seriously Robin you tried robbing my cousin?" I asked while raising a eyebrow. "How was I supposed to know that she was off limits?" He responded slightly offended. I sigh knowing how immature Robin could be sometimes and so I changed the topic by asking "What are you guys doing here anyways" "We are here to take Mar" "We were just on a stroll to see if there were any intruders in the forest" Robin was quick to interrupt a guy that I think is named Kyle but I'm not sure. "And you expect me to believe that?" i responded before continuing by saying "I thought you knew me better than to think i wouldn't know when you are lying to me" I said acting offended. "I have no idea what you are talking about Em" Robin said playing dumb. "Ugh fine what you want come on Maria we are going back" 

I turned around to walk away when I heard Robin say "I'll still see you tonight right?"

I turned around responding saying "Ofcourse" before turning around again and making my way out of the forest.