Chapter 4

"Now remember if my dad asks we didn't go anywhere near the forest and don't look suspicious." I instructed before we made our way to the front door of the Merryweather manor. "Relax whe'll be fine" I said as I saw how worried and nervous she looked. "How are you even getting out tonight?" "I have my ways" I responded smirking.

We made our way inside and were greeted by a worried looking Miss Heliotrope and Digweed trying to calm her down and my dad sitting relaxed on a stool in the hallway while petting Wrolf. "What's going on?"I asked confused as to what was going on. "Miss Heliotrope was getting a bit worried for Maria's safety as she never rode a horse before." I chuckled slightly at this but I decided to walk up to Miss Heliotrope and try calming her down by saying "Maria is fine she was a natural at horse riding and nothing went wrong so no need to worry" I saw that this eased her nerves a bit and so I stood up and walked over to my dad again giving Maria and Miss Heliotrope some space.

After Maria completely calmed Miss Heliotrope down we made our way to the dining room to have dinner. The dinner was held in complete silence just as before and I saw that my dad was really happy with that.

After dinner I spoke up to my dad saying "Hey dad I was wondering if I could go out on Moon a bit longer to be able to claer my head?" I saw my dad was shortly contemplating it but he luckily gave in saying "As long as you don't stay out for too long I think it's fine." "Okay" I responded. I excused myself and made my way to the stalls to take Moon on another ride.                             

After riding for a while I arrived at the forest and after I secured Moon to a tree I made my way inside. I made my way to the usual spot where I meet robin and wait for him to arrive. I suddenly felt someone felt someone grab my shoulders causing me to jump in a mixture of surprise and fear.                                                                                                                                                         

"Relax it's just me"I heard Robin say behind me. When I turned around I realised how close we were and I blushed slightly at the sight. Robin smirked when he saw but luckily just casually said "Evening Emily" "Hey Robin"I responded before stepping back a bit. "What no hug?"He asked still smirking. I rolled my eyes but still gave in gave him a hug. "So what do you want to do?"I ask.  "I can think of something"He said before pulling me closer by my waist. "In you're dreams DeNoir"I said while pulling back covering up that I secretely wanted nothing more than to kiss him in that moment.

You see I have have evolved quite a crush on Robin over the years of being best friends with him but I can't tell him because I'm afraid he won't feel the same. Yeah yeah cliché I know.

"Fine you're loss"He said and winked. "Whatever makes you sleep at night Robin" "Sassy as always I see" he says playfully. "Ofcourse." "So you're niece seems nice"He said trying to make a conversation. "Did you get that idea before or after you tried to rob her?"I  responded. "Can you please let that go I've already told you I'm sorry" "You didn't actually" He let out a sigh before he responded saying "Fine then I'm sorry I tried to rob you're cousin Emily" I was contemplating if I was going to forgive him but as I know that I can never stay mad at him for long I  just responded saying "Apology accepted but why are you still doing that I thought you guys stopped?" "We did but my father gave us the order and we just didn't question it"He simply stated. 

After he explained that we talked for a while before we bit goodbye as I didn't want my dad to lecture me for coming home at a late hour. I made my way home on Moon and after I secured her back in the stalls I made my way to the manor. My dad was waiting for me in the hallway and when I came up the stairs we almost immediately parted ways to go to bed as we were both exhausted by the eventful day we had.

I got ready for bed when I got into my bed I immediately fell asleep.