CHAPTER FOUR. Three waves

MARINETTE DREAMED OF ADRIEN, she dreamed that Adrien revealed himself as her soulmate, it wasn't the first time she has dream about it, but this time it felt more real. The dream itself wasn't more livid, it was the fact that she had her soulmate mark, that maybe there was chance that they were each other half.
How beautiful would that be.

But what if he wasn't?

What if it was someone else, like
for example, Nathaniel? Or what if Marinette hadn't met him yet?

Their parents didn't knew each other before their marks appeared.

Sabine- Marinette's mother- came to Paris in vacation with a friend of hers, she never thought of meeting her soulmate, she was just wondering around the city, her friend had some problems adjusting to the jet lag and she was still sleeping but her mother didn't wanted to waste
time and decided to go for a walk alone.

Eventually she got lost, but had a map with her, so she was really occupied trying to find her way with the map of the city of lights, that she didn't notice that she bumped into something, so she fell down, with trash can bin and all.
A young man that was walking nearby saw the scene and quickly approached the poor lady and held out a hand to help her get to her feet.
When Tom extended his arm he let his mark uncover and Sabine saw it and realized that it mimicked hers.
That day Sabine returned to the hotel room she shared with her friend with her clothes cover with dirt, put with also a promise from certain guy.
The next days they tried to spend their time together as much as they could, but it wasn't enough and Sabine had to return to China.
Tom followed Sabine to China after sometime with the money he was going to use to open his bakery and asked her parents for her hand, they obliged and were really supportive they even helped then open the bakery when they decided to live in Paris.

Maybe her soulmate was a stranger, she really hoped that it was Adrien, but for the time being she was going to stop cracking her head with this thoughts and let come what may, she decided.

When she arrived to school Alya wasn't there yet, which meant that she was probably going to be absent. A minute later she got a text confirming it, she and Nino had been kicked out of the library the day before because they were arguing about if Ladybug and Chat Noir were together or not.

« They have to be, they are always flirting with each other »

« Didn't you see how they acted around each other in the last akuma attack? They weren't comfortable around each other. They can't be together»

Which led them to walk to their respective homes in the pondering rain and getting soaking wet ,which at the same time led them to catch a cold and miss school the next day.

"Marinette?"a voice said, and the blue eyed looked up from her cell phone to see that the voice belonged to Adrien.

"Y-Yes?" Marinette answered trying to sound more confident that she was feeling.

"Can we talk?"asked Adrien with a nervous smile.
I can do this, he was thinking, I can do this.

"O-Of course"Marinette said with a nod. Adrien took her wrist and pulled her in an empty classroom.

For a moment the girl forgot how to breath. In, out, in, out, she tried to think, but quickly gave up and just concentrated in how warm his fingers were.

Adrien closed the door after him and inhaled deeply.

"I-Is every-ything okay?"Marinette asked.

"Yes, ugh, I don't know how to start" Adrien confessed. He was a living mess at the moment, all the times he practiced his speech in front of the mirror and in front of Plagg didn't prepared him for this.

It didn't prepared him for the strange feeling in the stomach, was he going to get sick? He had never felt this before. It didn't prepare him for the sight of Marinette, her head tilted a little with confusion and her eyes shining bright, had she always had those adorable freckles?

Marinette was really nervous, but seeing the uneasiness of the blonde boy she force herself to breath and say ,with what she hoped was a confident voice:

"You can start from the beginning"

Adrien's fingers, that were still around her wrist, traveled down founding Marinette's and he held her hand into his.

Marinette felt like squealing.

The green eyed boy cleared his throat and looked right into the eyes of a blushing Marinette:

"The other day I was brushing my teeth, because you know, it is what keeps your teeth white, and well" Adrien was saying no sense and he knew it, but he was interrupted by laughter.

Marinette couldn't help it,she started laughing, she didn't wanted to look rude or disrespectful, but this situation was so nerve cracking, and both of them were so nervous, then he started to talk about himself brushing his teeth and she just had to laugh.
At first it was just a nervous giggle, but it turned into laugh.

Adrien then started laughing too, he relaxed, he didn't had to be so preoccupied it was just Marinette.

When they calmed down Marinette was the first to speak:

"Sorry, what were you saying?"

"You know what, it is simpler if I show you" then he raised his arm and Marinette felt like fainting when she saw it.
Three waves, just three waves was what it was in his arm, but it meant the world to her.

**

I don't own Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Chat Noir.

Here goes an other chapter, thank you for reading my story,

All of you are clawesome!

Read you next time!