CHAPTER FIVE. The world was shifting

THEY HUGGED EACH OTHER tight, they didn't said a word, afraid of ruining so perfect moment. They still had to work on a lot of things, Marinette's shyness, Adrien's insecurities, but for the time being, they were doing just fine. Actually, they were doing excellent.

Sadly, there was still a barrier between the two of them, so thin than they didn't notice it, but one day the'll have to work to bring that wall down, they'll have to reveal that they were the duo that saved Paris every night. They could discuss that other day.

It was almost time to go home, the teacher of their last class called in sick which meant they had free class they enjoyed every moment they had together, the pair wished the moment didn't end,, but after the bell rang Marinette had to rush to help her parents with a big order they needed to finish as fast as possible.

The bell rang, ending their moment, the same thing that happened to Cinderella, only that unless leaving a glass slipper behind, Marinette left something more important, but that would help his prince discover her identity.

Adrien stared speechless at the red kwami in front of him, but the words he kept were said and multiplied by his own kwami. Plagg then realized that Adrien was still looking at their exchange awkwardly.

"Tikki" Plagg said " This is Adrien, my actual Chat Noir "and gestured to the boy" Kid, this is Tikki, my best friend and Ladybug's kwami"

" A pleasure to meet you, Adrien " Tikki said "I'm sorry you had to find out who my girl is this way, it was my fault, I felt asleep and didn't notice the purse was open and fell"

"I-It's okay Tikki, I guess" Adrien took a deep breath and tried to clear his thoughts. He was confuse, but really happy, his Princess and his Lady were the same person!, if he had to choose he wouldn't have it other way, the heroine he was in love with, and the girl he was falling for, the same person! He was the happiest person on Earth. But every thing had his pros and cons, now he had to figure out...

"How am I going to tell her I know, she's going to be mad, really mad"

Tikki smiled at Adrien"Maybe at first, but she loves you, both halves of you, even if she doesn't know yet" Tikki then turned to Plagg," I think Chat Noir will have to pay a visit to Marinette"

Plagg grinned in a way that can only be described as cat-like and spoke:

" Well, you know the words boy"

"Plagg, claws out! "

Chat Noir landed on Marinette's balcony, looking at the girl she looked very worried, her room was a mess as if she had been looking for something. Adrien quickly understood she had been searching for Tikki.

" Is everything alright, Princess?" Chat Noir spoke with fake confidence, because inside he was really nervous.

Marinette didn't even glance his way" I don't have time for this Chat, please leave"

Instead of doing that, he walk closer to Marinette and notice she was shaking, she was forcing herself not to cry, the only thing he thought of doing was pulling her into a tight hug, and after briefly debating himself, he did so.

Marinette felt his arms wrap around her, she understood that she wasn't alone in this, he could help her, she let herself show how vulnerable she felt at the moment after all she was human. She started sobbing" I don't know where she is, Chat" tears were traveling through her cheeks, and Adrien felt like crying too.

"I need to find her" she hugged Chat tighter " Sorry that you had to find out this way but I need your help to find her" Marinette looked up and met Chat Noir square to the eye and said:

"I'm Ladybug"

"I know" the blonde heroe said a with sparkling eyes and a soft smile.

"You do?" Marinette took a step back, her eyes grew wide "How?"

"A little kwami told me" that was Tikki's queue to make appearance, she flew to her girl and hugged her with her tiny arms.

Tikki felt bad, really bad for making her girl worry so much. Marinette felt like she could breath again, her worries faded away. She hugged the kwami back not wanting to let her go.

They stayed like that for a few moments, Chat look at the scene with the warmest of smiles.

" Thank you for finding Tikki " she stepped on her tip toes and kissed him in the cheek, his cheeks became pink under the mask, and his body felt warm.

It was his time to reveal himself.

A green light was wrap around him and Marinette cover her eyes with her arm, leaving her three waves exposed.

When the light faded Adrien stood there, in front of his soulmate" You can look at me now and discover who am I, but if you don't want to, you don't have , My Lady,

this cat can wait till you are ready"

Her arm fell down to her side and she opened her eyes, Adrien felt exposed while her eyes scanned him, it was like if she was seeing him again for the first time. The words she spoke then, surprised him:

"Of course it was you" she said smiling, with a tone that made Adrien want to melt.

"What do you mean?"He asked clearly confused, maybe she already knew his identity and for an odd reason didn't tell him.

" I didn't knew you were Chat Noir, if that is what you are asking"she paused ordering her thoughts" It is just that if I had to choose who you were, I wouldn't change a thing"

It made sense, everything slowly felt in place.

It was him, it was her, it was both.

They were like light and darkness, so different from each other, but needing each other to exist.

They were one heart, one soul, so alike, each one a half of something bigger.

They were moon and Earth,circling each other, needing the other to balance themselves.

Because without the moon, the oceans would loose control, and without Earth's gravity, the moon would navigate without propose the space.

Adrien pulled Marinette into a kiss, it wasn't like they had been kissing since the beginning of time. They were both clumsy, Marinette didn't knew where to put her hands, and her lips tasted a little like tears.

But it was perfect, it was pure, and truly beautiful, because at the moment their hearts beat as one.