Chapter 13

Chapter 13: Halloween

As the year continued on, Draco, Harry, and Luna kept Hermione grounded and made sure she had enough sleep to keep her from going crazy. Although she didn't admit it, she knew that without their help she would have overworked herself terribly, and probably alienated all her friends in the process.

They were all incredibly grateful when the first Hogsmeade trip of the year rolled around. They could all use a break. Harry and Draco, however, both had small worries.

"Luna," said Harry as he walked her to class.

"Yes, Harry?"

"This weekend is the Hogsmeade visit, and I know you're not technically allowed to go..."

Luna cut him off, knowing where he was going with the conversation. "Harry, it's ok. I don't think I want to sneak out. Although I appreciate you offering me that option. I also don't want you to stay behind. I'll be happiest if you go, have a good time, and bring me back some souvenirs." She said the last with a smile, causing Harry to beam at her.

"Luna, you're the best, do you know that?"

"The nargles have mentioned something to that effect..."

"Huh?"

"Oh, um, just an expression my father uses."

"Oh. Well, do you know what you want? As souvenirs, I mean?"

"Not really, just bring me back something good." She gave Harry a quick kiss on the cheek and went into her classroom. Harry stood there stupidly for a moment before racing to Potions so he wouldn't be late.

"Cutting it close there, eh Harry?"

"Shut it, Draco, you don't have to walk anyone to class."

"Neither do you."

"Of course I do! How could I not walk Luna to class?"

"Well, you don't have to, you want to. There's a difference."

"Whatever you say, Dray."

Draco blushed, but held his ground. "Harry, I actually wanted to ask you something." His voice dropped to a whisper as they started preparing their potion ingredients. "I want to ask Mia to go with me to Hogsmeade as a date, but I don't want to leave you on your own..."

"Draco, don't worry. I can hang out with Daphne, Blaise, and Theo. Luna told me to go into town to pick her up some souvenirs. Enjoy your time with Mia, I think you both need it."

"Thanks, mate. I honestly expected a bit more convincing to be required."

"Well, if Luna can be so mature about it, then I certainly can." They finished Potions in relative quiet and Harry hung back to speak with Daphne, Blaise, and Theo. "Hi you three. Listen, Mia and Draco are spending the day in Hogsmeade together. I was wondering if I could spend the day with the three of you?"

The three friends looked at each other, stunned. They were Harry's first choice after his best friends? They didn't realize they ranked so high in his eyes. "Sure, Harry, that'd be great. I'm really looking forward to our first visit, aren't you?"

Harry decided to ignore the fact that he'd been a few times already. "Definitely, Daphne. And I want to pick up a few things for Luna."

"Great, so we can leave from breakfast together."

"Sounds good."

That night, Draco pulled Hermione to the side before they went to bed. "Mia, would you go to Hogsmeade with me?"