Chapter 14

Chapter 14: More Training

The next morning at breakfast, a school owl with an official looking envelope flew down in front of Harry. Always polite, Harry offered the owl some bacon and water before opening the letter.

Mr. Potter,

As I previously informed you, beginning this month I will have time available within my schedule to provide you with Patronus lessons. I have checked your schedule with Professor Snape, and have determined that the best time for these lessons is Tuesday night at 6pm. Your lessons will end shortly before dinner. I expect to see you in the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom this week for your first lesson.

Professor Lupin

"Who is it from, Harry?"

Harry looked up at Hermione. "It's from Lupin. He's ready to start my lessons. But I don't know if I should go to them, especially as Professor Snape believes he's helping Sirius Black enter the castle. What if this is just a trap, or a set-up of some kind?"

"Harry," sighed Luna. "I don't think Professor Lupin would be that idiotic. It would be far too easy to trace back to him."

"That's a good point, Luna. Harry, I think you'd be best served by going to these lessons to see what exactly he wants. Just be on your guard. You know that, if necessary, you are fully capable of taking care of yourself."

"Thanks for the vote of confidence, Mia. I suppose you're right. At the rate things are going, my schedule will be almost as full as yours. I've got Quidditch, lessons with Apophis, reading through the books Ragnock sent me, and now Patronus lessons."

"You're doing quite well so far, Harry."

"Thanks, Draco. I think I'm going to go see Apophis now since we have a free period. I'll see you all later." His friends nodded and wished him well as he left. No one noticed little Ginny Weasley glance up from her meal at the very end of the table. She followed Harry out of the Great Hall.

She'd been trying to find a chance to get him alone for quite a while now. He was always with his friends. This time, finally, she would be able to accomplish her plans. "Harry!" she called out as she followed him up the stairs.

"What do you want, Weasley?"

She managed to look hurt. "I just wanted to apologize for last year, Harry. I realized after I was free of the diary's control for a couple of months just how horrendous I'd been. I know we can't be friends, but I hoped you could forgive me." Her years of using her gender to get out of trouble at home came in handy as she made tears pool in the corners of her eyes as her bottom lip quivered.

Harry sighed. It wouldn't do him any good to say no, and it wouldn't harm him at all to say yes. "All right, Ginny, I forgive you. But I don't want to be your friend."

Ginny ran forward and hugged him tight for several seconds. Harry sucked in a deep breath, as Ginny had knocked the air from him. As he was about to push her off of him, she sprang away. "I'm sorry, Harry, I just never expected you to actually forgive me. Thanks. I feel better."

"Just go, Ginny." Harry walked off quickly, not noticing Ginny's evil smile. Phase one was complete.

***SoaS***

Apophis, dear friend, I am here for my next lesson. What am I learning today?

I thought we should have a brief review of what you have already learnt.

Harry groaned. If you insist.

I do. Now, create the protection against Dementors.