UNO.

"Midnight shadows;

where finding love

is a battle."

-------------------------------------------

Chancellor Bennett.

Then

Chance was never one to really worry about relationships. He never worried about them because he honestly never even bothered to be in one, and as cliché as it sounds, his whole perspective about relationships changed after he met Kehlani. Before she came into the picture, he honestly thought that relationships were curses from satan. He hated the thought of being tied down to just one person. He hated commitment. But that all changed when literally bumped into Kehlani and spilled his slushi on her while running down the street to prevent being late for his studio session. She was so close to yelling until they made eye contact. Again, no matter how cliché it sounds, it was like the world stopped when they made eye contact. All the anger that Kehlani had, had vanished and was now replaced with awe and interest. Chance wanted to apologize, but he couldn't at the moment. He couldn't, not with those big, brown puppy eyes of her just staring deep into his soul. After what felt like a 30 minute staring contest, (it was actually 1 minute), Chance finally did apologized and even offered to by her a new shirt, so, they exchanged numbers and names and went along with their lives not knowing they would see each other again in less than 10 minutes.

Chance finally made it to the studio and it was beyond later than he intended to be there, he wasn't intending on being late at all to be honest. When he did get there though, he sure was't expecting to see Kehlani either. So this was the upcoming and new artist his producer told him that he'd be working with? Look at God. As days went on and the more Kehlani and Chance worked together, the closer the became as coworkers and friends. They managed to make a bomb video together as well, it was a hit for awhile and they were very excited about it.

Years went on, and Chance and Kehlani began to engage in an actual relationship. In the beginning, it was all good and going really swell, and then, after their 2 year anniversary hit and Kehlani and Chance had gotten bigger in the music industry, shit decided to get real.

_________________________________________________

Now

It's been 2 weeks since they last saw each other and it's been 1 week since their last conversation. Their last conversation wasn't something that they were exactly proud of, but it happened, can't say it didn't. To be fair, it wasn't even Chance's fault this time. It was Kehlani's. She completely overreacted for no reacted for no reason. Being in a studio with a few females doesn't automatically subject Chance to cheating, but the way Kehlani's mind was set up and the way her past relationships went, she had every right to think he was up to something with those girls, but that wasn't even the case. Chance was probably the most loyal guy Kehlani will and has ever met, you can even ask some of Chance's exes (even now they regret letting him go). Kehlani still hasn't gotten over the fact that not all men are the same, I mean, Chance knows that all women are the same. The main reason, though, that they are arguing so much in their relationship here recently is simply because of the lack of time spent together. They're always on the road, and if they aren't on the road at the same time, one is at home on break and the other is still on the road and won't have another break for about 7 months. It's really stressful, and it doesn't help anything when they can't even have phone calls, their messages are limited to about 3 messages a day because they have performances after performances; rehearsals after rehearsals, and the only way they can find out anything new about each other is on social media. Social media doesn't really even help their relationship at all, to be quite honest because it makes the both of them infer things that are nowhere near being true, and that's where the root of their arguments surface as well.

When Kehlani saw the picture of Chance and a few random girls, she about flipped shit. She was angry and for no reason at all. She was too naïve to realize that Chance is a good fellow and he really wanted to do anything, but hurt Kehlani because he loved her. He loved her a lot and he promised himself that the day he hurt her intentionally, he'll hurt himself 100 times worst.

But, as said before, it's been a week since they've last talked, so when he gets a text from Kehlani, he knows what to expect. He knows it's an apology text because they've been through this so many times. Honestly, no matter how mad they make each other, they know where home is, so apology is the way to go. And to be honest, when Chance gets that apology text, boy, he feels like his girl just texted him saying "my parents aren't home, come over ;)", but it's honestly just an apology for assuming things.

K❤️💍 :

Hey, babe, I'm sorry about last week. I never give you the opportunity to explain yourself, and I can't help but feel like a jerk. Again, I'm sorry and I love you a lot. Call me when you get this (if you can) & btw my break will officially start in 2 days, and I heard from a little birdy that yours started today and you'll still be on break when I start ;) I'm sooooo excited.

This is the first time that they're going to be on break together and Chance is pretty sure at this point, he could scream like a little girl and actually be okay with it.
-------------------------------------
Decided to try and write another book abt Chance and Kehlani since my first one was such a hit. :)
Word Count: 1003.