CUATRO.

"We're gonna be alright."
_____________________________________

Chancellor Bennett

"Hey, bub. How ya holding up? It's been, what, 3 weeks?" Edward asked while sitting in the seat across from me in the small diner. Ed and I decided to meet up at the local diner after I apologized for ignoring him for 2 weeks so we could catch up. I felt guilty for how I acted towards him because he did nothing wrong, after all, it was his sister. Plus, Ed is like a brother to me and always will be despite his sister and I not being together.
"I'd like to say I've been holding up pretty well. I recorded my last song for my new album coloring book earlier and the album is being released tomorrow. I ordered for you, by the way. 2 bagels with cream cheese and hot chocolate with whipped and extra marshmallows for you like always." As if on cue, the waitress came with our food, or more like snacks in my opinion because 3 cookies and milk was not enough to fill me up. I will surely be going to McDonalds after this.
"Thanks, babe," Ed said to the waitress before she smiled and walked away.
"Well, that's good to hear. Have you talked to Lani at all?" Ed asked before taking a bite of his bagel.
"Uh, not. Not at all. She's texted a few times, called a lot, and left voicemails, though. I haven't really had the strengths to talk to her. I don't think I can," I replied, dipping my cookie in the milk.
"Yeah? She called the other day asking if I've heard from her. I love her and all, but there are a lot of things that she does that I simply do not agree with. I'm sorry for what she did do, by the way."
"What're you apologizing for? You did nothing. I saw the texts between you and her, and you have no reason to apologize for her actions. People do things because they want to. Maybe she just got bored of me, yanno? Maybe she didn't like the fact that I spent most of my time at the studio when I should've been there with her, when I should've catered to her every need," Ed scooted his chair closer to mine and rubbed my shoulder in the most comforting way.
"Look, bub, it's not your fault, it never was and it never will be. You're a really great person, and don't tell anyone, but I'd totally choose you over anyone and everyone, including Lani. What she did was out of temptation and lust, she could've stopped and resisted, but did she? No, so don't you dare sit here and say it's your fault when you know damn well you did everything in your will to make sure she was happy and had everything she ever wanted and needed."
"You literally say the best things when I'm down and out. I honestly don't know what I'd do without you," I said, wrapping my arms around him to hug him.
"I love you, too."
---------------------------------------------
"For real, man? That's fuckin' sick. I'm glad your first show was successful, Tay. Wish I could've been there to see it," I said grabbing my keys out of my coat pocket as I walked up to my new apartment that was now more like a new home as of 3 weeks ago.
"I know, but hey, I'm performing there in about 2 weeks. If you're still on break, I can get you tickets," my brother, Taylor, spoke into the phone.
"Shoot, I'll still be on break, you can most definitely get me a ticket. I want front seats and a back stage pass, little brother."
"You know I'll make it happen. I've gotta go now. Love ya, C."
"Love ya, too, Tay. Have fun at your second show tonight. Good luck," I said before ending the call. As i had reached my door to my apartment, I quickly thanked God for the tight grip I had on my phone because when I saw who was there, I probably would've dropped it down 2 flights of stairs.
"What are you doing here? How did you find out where I live?"
"I may or may not have found your location using Find my IPhone?"
"What do you want? And can you move so I can get inside? I'm freaking freezin'," As she moved aside, I stuck my key into the hole and unlocked the door. As I walked in, I silently thanked my Landlord for turning my heat on for me because I did not turn it on before I left earlier. Just as I was about to close the door, something prevented me from doing so.
"Why do you have your nasty foot in my door? It's probably got his semen on it just like your body has his semen in it."
"Look, can we just talk, Chance? I've missed you so much."
"You only miss me when I'm not there. You better call Bryson with the good hair," I softly sang trying to close the door again.
"It's 'you only want me when I'm not there, you better call Becky with the good hair'."
"I know what it is, but no one ever said it was a crime to switch up the lyrics so it can fit the scenario."
"Can I at least talk to you for 5 minutes?"
"I'll give you 2. Chop, chop," I said opening the door slowly and allowing her to come in.
"Why'd you do it?"
"Do what?"
"Don't fucking play dumb with me, Kehlani or I'll kick you out in 2.5 seconds. Explain yourself."
"I don't really know why I did it, Chance. I just, it was a mistake."
"Hell yeah it was a mistake."
"But it'll never happen again. I swear it. I haven't talked to him every since. I blocked his number, he's not even in the state anymore. I just want you. I need you."
"If you really wanted me and actually needed me, you wouldn't have even done it in the first place."
"I know and I was being stupid. I wasn't thinking and I really, really regret it. I can barely look in the mirror without thinking about how disgusting I am, and I don't think I'll ever forgive myself for betraying you like that. I don't ever want to hurt you like that every again. I have no reason as to why I did it, absolutely none, but it won't happen again. I know you probably won't believe me, but honestly, I'll do everything I can to make you trust and believe me. I'll delete and block every number in my phone that's not yours or my family's or not business related, I'll delete every social media account I have if I have to, shoot, I'll even get your named tattooed on any part of my body that's visible to others, Chance. I want you to be in my life forever, I want to marry you and have kids and I just want to be committed to you and only you. I'd do whatever I have to prove it to you, baby."
"I hate you. I hate you, but I love you and I hate it."