1

I watched the hands on the clock move slowly, too slow for my liking, wishing time would go by faster as the faint voice of my World History teacher reached my ears while he gave one of his famous lectures before I decided to fully drown him out and look out the window and away from the, irritating, ticking clock. Snow was being blown around in a flurry by the wind and I closed my eyes, enjoying the sound as it howled past the window.

I couldn't wait until class was over, until I could run outside and into the snow.

Upon feeling the shake of my desk as it was hit I opened my eyes, blue orbs shining in equal part confusion and irritation.

"Hm?"

I looked at the boy who sat in front of me, Trent. He always acted so stupid, like incredibly stupid, but in truth the guy was a genius. He was always getting the highest scores on quizzes and tests, whatever the teachers threw at us. I was actually somewhat jealous of his intellect.

"Olesh has been calling for you."

I looked away from him and sheepishly up to my aforementioned teacher.

"Please pay attention, Natalia."

I nodded my head, already zoning out again.

"Yes, sir."

I could hear the other students snickering, glancing at me occasionally, making me roll my eyes before looking back out the window, already pushing my teachers words to the back of my mind. I watched the snow fall gracefully and yet fly wildly, my eyes full of amazement. After a few long, tiring minutes the bell rang and I flew from my seat, quickly walking to my locker so I could put my books away and grab my bag.

Closing my locker door, I head towards the exit, ran outside, and onto my bus before rubbing Jamie and Sophie's hair as I pass by them. Sophie squealed while Jamie yelled 'hey!' at me as he tried to fix his hair, making a wide grin reach my lips as I walked to my seat in the very back. Throwing my back onto the seat and taking out my phone, I started to take pictures of the winter wonderland that was outside. Once I felt the bus start to move I put away my phone and watched everything pass by.

I smiled and leaned back into my seat as I prepared to put on my head phones, but a squealing Sophie kept me from doing so. Ignoring the bus' 'safety rules' I stood and walked to the front of the bus with determination before sitting next to Sophie and gently pulling her to my chest, petting her head.

"What's wrong, hun?"

She pointed to the seat behind us, saying that the boy had stolen her stuffed animal. I smiled and put a finger over my lips, signaling for her to stay quiet. She giggled but nodded her head, raising her hands to cover her mouth. I stood back up, as if to go back to my seat but instead looked at the boy who was now messing with Sophie's beloved toy. I smacked him upside the head, making him drop it before I picked it up and gave it back to my little sister.

"If any of you mess with either one of my siblings again, I swear I'll make sure you regret it."

Several kids gulped, but all nodded, I smiled and kissed Sophie's forehead.

"Be more careful with your things sweetheart."

She nodded before I went back to my seat.

I looked back out the window, seeing something fly across the sky, which made my smile widen.

"Jack."