Bands of Iron [Gale] {The Fairy Tail Love Chronicles; Book 2}

Here's the first chapter of book two!! :D I've decided to rename the series "The Fairy Tail Love Chronicles" that way it's easier to keep track of which book is which, and if it's part of a different series or not (I know I don't have any different series right now... but hopefully that will change in the future...lol) Anyways, I hope you enjoy "Bands of Iron", and I would LOVE to hear any feedback you have throughout the different chapters! Thank you so much for reading!! <3 <3 <3

*Levy*

Levy heard the loud banging on her apartment door, but she couldn't remove herself from the warm blankets. It's so early! Who could it be at seven in the morning?! When the banging continued, and grew louder, Levy knew she had to answer the door.

“What?” She yawned, pulling it open.

“Morning.” Gajeel's grunt of greeting snapped her mind fully awake.

“H-how did you get in here? Boys aren't supposed to--”

“Then let me in before I get caught,” Gajeel growled, pushing past her, slamming the door behind him. “Did I wake you up?” He suddenly asked, looking at her strangely.

Levy's face turned scarlet as she realized she still wore only her over-sized nightshirt. “Ah!” She squealed, running into her bedroom and slamming the door. Her heart hammered against her chest in embarrassment.

“What are you making so much noise about?” Gajeel asked, trying to open the door.

“Stay out! I'll meet you in the living room in a minute!” Levy commanded. She took a quick shower and brushed her teeth before putting on her favorite orange dress and bandana.

“Took long enough,” Gajeel sighed. He was stretched out comfortably on her sofa, petting PantherLily who sat on his stomach.

“Well, you woke me up,” Levy grumbled, still embarrassed. She walked over to them, picking up Lily and squeezing him against her chest. “Good morning, Lily!” She smiled.

“Good morning, Levy,” the Exceed replied.

“Tch, let's go already, I'm starving,” Gajeel growled, grabbing Lily from her arms and placing him on the ground. He mumbled something angrily before grabbing her hand and dragging her from the building.

“Why are you so mad all of a sudden?” Levy snapped, trying to keep up with his pace.

“Nothing. I'm hungry.” He was obviously lying, so she looked to Lily for an explanation. He just shrugged, shaking his head apologetically.

“Can we slow down? I can't walk as fast as you.” Gajeel came to an abrupt stop, causing her to nearly run into his back. “Why did you stop?”

He looked as if he wanted to ask her something, but before he spoke, he shook his head. “Never mind. Come on.” He walked slower this time, but never looked at her as they approached the guildhall. Levy blushed when they reached the doors and she noticed that her hand was still in his. Awkwardly, she pulled it free, going inside ahead of him. Although it had been nearly six months since the incident with Elite Helix and her confession to Gajeel, she still felt embarrassed doing things like holding hands. Why am I so embarrassed? He's the one who grabbed my hand, isn't he?

Levy sighed. She knew exactly why she felt embarrassed. She had never had a boyfriend, so how was she supposed to know how to act? Although they had both told each other that they loved one another that day at the train station, neither had ever said it again. We haven't even mentioned it since then! And we haven't talked about dating either, so of course I would get embarrassed when we hold hands—because I'm not even sure if we're really dating!