Chapter Thirteen

*Levy*

Levy collapsed to the ground when Ryuu took her memories. Although they were always at the back of her mind, she could still go on normally like that. Having them running freshly through her mind was too much, and she wanted to be sick. Through her slowly receding haze, she heard Gajeel agree to be killed by Ryuu in order to stop him from hurting her.

At the same time Ryuu sprang forward, preparing to stab Gajeel, Levy jumped off the ground, and between them. She felt the stinging cold of metal as it cut into her flesh, slicing completely through. She could feel the sword sticking out the back of her chest, and hoped that it hadn't been able to reach Gajeel.

“Y-you weren't supposed to--” Ryuu ripped his sword from her chest, eyes wide. “Why did you do that?! Are you stupid?!”

“Must be,” Levy chuckled, stumbling back. Gajeel caught her, staring at her with the same wide eyes Ryuu had.

“Gajeel!” “Levy!” Levy heard Lily's and Lucy's voices as they approached. “Oh my God, Levy!” Lucy was suddenly in front of her, tears streaming her face.

“Take her to the hospital,” Gajeel said, handing Levy to Lily.

“Who will help you fight?”

“This bastard is mine.” Levy didn't think she had ever heard Gajeel so angry, and it worried her.

“D-don't,” Levy whispered, grabbing Gajeel's vest. “Don't kill him.” Everyone stared at her in shock. She probably looked like quite a mess, but she didn't care. Ryuu isn't all bad, I know it!

Sighing at her determined gaze, Gajeel nodded. “Fine.”

Lily turned in the direction of the hospital, cutting off her view of Gajeel. “I'm getting your fur all wet. S-sorry,” Levy told him, head leaning against his chest as she fought to stay conscious.

“Don't worry about it,” Lily said, flying swiftly over the buildings to reach the hospital. “You just stay awake until we get to the hospital.”

“R-right.” Although she fought as hard as she could, she could feel herself losing the battle, finally giving in to the peaceful blackness that unconscious brought.

*Gajeel*

“Iron Dragon's Roar!” Ryuu was thrown into a wall, limbs dripping with blood from Gajeel's attack. He pulled pieces of metal from his skin hurriedly, readying his sword. However, Gajeel was being fueled by his fury, so Ryuu couldn't keep up with him. He grabbed the front of his shirt, throwing him to the ground before assaulting his face with a flurry of punches.

“Gajeel, stop!” Lucy ran up behind him, pulling him off of Ryuu. “You're going to kill him!”

“You should let me!” Gajeel growled, pushing the blonde away from him.

“Levy will be mad if you do,” Lucy said. Levy's name instantly cleared his mind. Damn it, what am I doing?! I need to tie this guy up and get to the hospital!

“It was her own fault for getting injured,” Ryuu coughed, staggering to his feet. “She got in the way. I guess,” he paused to cough again, “I guess it doesn't matter. She played a part in killing my mother, so she would have had to die in the end, anyways.”

“Damn you!” Gajeel punched him again, feeling the bone in his middle finger break.

“His mother?” Lucy asked, looking at Gajeel questioningly.

“That damned devil-woman,” Gajeel told her.

“That's Himiko's son?!” Lucy gasped, covering her mouth.