Chapter Fourteen

Dedicating this chapter to annimefreakxx! Thanks for all of your amazing support, and here's your happy ending for Ryuu. ;)

 “I wonder how long she'll be out?” Mira whispered from somewhere close by.

“I don't know. She's going to freak out when she wakes up, though,” Lucy giggled.

The sound of her friends talking caused Levy to stir, coming out of her medicine-induced sleep. “H-how long have I been asleep?” She asked, opening her eyes.

“Not too long,” Wendy said, smiling down at her.

“Only about an hour,” Erza told her.

“That's good,” Levy sighed, sitting up. She opened her hospital gown to take a look at her bandages, and was surprised to see fewer than she had expected. “Wow, Wendy, you did a great job!”

“Thanks,” Wendy blushed, “I'm just glad I made it in time.”

“Where's Gajeel?” She asked, looking around the room. She swore he had been in there before she fell asleep again.

Lucy laughed, looking at the other three girls. “He probably got cold feet and bolted. You practically proposed to him.”

“I what?!” Oh, God! I though that was a dream! Did I seriously say all of that to Gajeel?!

“You asked him out then told him you should live together,” Mira giggled.

“It was very bold,” Erza nodded, “good for you.”

“Oh, no!” Levy groaned, falling back onto the pillows. She covered her face in embarrassment, thinking of how she would ever be able to face Gajeel again. “And you all heard that?”

“Every word,” Wendy said.

“We were standing in the doorway as you were talking. You seemed unusually giddy as you asked him, and then passed out before he could even answer,” Erza explained.

Great. “What did he do after that?” Levy was almost too afraid to ask, but she wanted to know.

“Nothing,” Lucy shrugged. “He told Lily to follow him, and then they left. We haven't seen them since.”

“You're right. He probably did run away.” Levy felt like she could die from the embarrassment. Not only had she actually said all of that, she had said it right in front of everyone! They heard me confess to him after the Elite Helix battle, but this is so much worse! I asked him to live together!

“Well, at least now he definitely knows exactly how you feel about him,” Lucy smirked.

“That doesn't make me feel any better,” Levy sighed.

“Don't worry,” Wendy reassured her. “He probably just had to go do something. He'll be back.”

“Speaking of which, Mira,” Erza said, standing, “we need to be getting back to the guildhall to check on Ryuu.”

“Ryuu's still at the guildhall?” Levy asked.

“Yes. We haven't contacted the council yet about him, so that's where Mira and I are headed.”

“I want to talk to him before you do,” Levy told them, getting off the bed.

“I don't think that's a good idea,” Erza said.

“Yeah, he almost killed you,” Wendy reminded her.

“And he tried to kill Gajeel,” Lucy chimed in, frowning.