Chapter 8: The Bad Boy and The Mortifying Dinner (Part II)

(UNEDITED)

After the elevator shifts us up to the seventh floor, a small ding shrills as the elevator doors slide open. As I step out of the elevator, I struggle to contain my excited awe. In front of me is a white open shelf with a steel rod going in the middle of it, holding a couple of coats and hangers.

"Let me get your coat." Parker offers from behind, helping me shrug of my coat and hangs it on the hanger.

Muttering a quiet thanks, Parker leads me the way in. On my right sits a cream white divan covered with several brown and cream coloured cushions and a long brown piece of fabric. Adjacent to it is a short wooden and glassy cupboard compartment in colours that matches the divan.

As we walk through the foyer, a short yet petite woman somewhere in her late 30s or early 40s walks up to me with open arms. "Hello, sweetie! You must be Saffron. Parker has told us so much about you."

With a small, I embrace into her arms. "Yes, nice to meet you Mrs Sanchez."

"Oh no, dear. Please call me Claire. You are such a beautiful girl." She gives me a wide grin which outshines her beauty.

Her hair a fiery, dark auburn hair with popping green eyes and warm beige skin to match. Light freckles on the bridge of her nose spreading out to her high cheekbones. Overall, she is a stunning lady but from my observation, barely any of her features matched Parker's.

So far, so good. Best you keep it up. Avoid the flop.

Agreed.

Thanking her mother shyly, Parker and his mom walk me through to a living room where the television is broadcasting kids' shows. On the carpet, a little blonde boy no older than five is sprawled, two toy cars in hand. His eyes flicker to the three of us, confusion taking over his face than looks to his mother.

"That's Isaac, my youngest." Introduces Claire.

The boy, Isaac, goes back to playing, crashing the two cars together and incoherent sounds escapes his lips. Soon I notice a girl excitedly sauntering out of a dark hallway and towards me. She has strawberry blonde hair up in a messy bun with thin black rimmed, round glasses.

"Hi, you're Saffron, right? I'm Elle, his sister."

"Yes, that would be me and it's very nice to meet you Elle." I smile at Elle.

"Parker has told us a lot about you. I was like getting so hyped up to meet you and now I finally did." She rambles, enthusiastically.

I let out a small laugh, "I've been really looking forward to you too. You're so cute!"

Lie. Not the 'cute' part because she really is cute and lively but the part where I said I was looking forward to meet her. Truth is I had no idea Parker had siblings.

Nodding with a smile, Elle spontaneously turns and skips off to someplace, I'm guessing her room.

Shortly after, Claire leaves us, reminding us that dinner is ready in twenty minutes, only leaving Parker and I standing side by side.

"Let's go to my room." Parker tilts his head in the direction of the stairs leaning on a creamy beige wall.

His hands softly grips onto mine, sending a wave of shock through me. I follow behind his up the stairs and all the way to his room.

Upon entering the room, I instantly realise how spacious it is. All walls are painted in light grey except one instead painted in a Prussian blue. Leaning against the wall is an almost tidy double bed with two white bedside table on either side, each holding a lamp and a couple of other objects. On the opposite side stands a white study table that has Parker's belongings scattered all over it, overlooking through rather wide window to a forest of trees and well-kept garden. Directly in front of me are curtains sheeting what could be a door to something. A white tallboy is standing next to a built in cupboard as if it were a puzzle.