| Chapter 4 || Rough Journey to... |

Chapter Four

Rough Journey to...

*Third Person Point of View*

"Milady, may I ask, where are we headed?"

They had been trekking through the woods for hours, and most of the hunters were starting to get sore, even with their blessings of Artemis. The Guardian even offered to carry some of the younger huntresses on his shoulders, so now, two seven-year-old girls were perched on either side of his head.

"You may ask, but I will withhold that information. I cannot tell you where we are going until we get there," Artemis replied cryptically.

The Guardian nodded, slowing his pace to return to the back of the group. It was a few days after they had left Camp Half-Blood, and they had just been camping peacefully in those few days of relaxation. Sadly, it didn't last.

During one campfire, while the hunters were roasting freshly caught salmon over the fire, a falcon had swooped in and landed on the log right next to Artemis. Strangely enough, the falcon was holding a letter, and as soon as Artemis read the letter, she panicked. All of a sudden, she had the hunters packing up their gear once again, and then they began their long journey through the darkened wilderness, even though it was nearly ten o'clock, and some of the younger huntresses had to go to sleep.

The Guardian was brought out of his thoughts as the huntress in front of him-Jessica, the daughter of Athena-dropped to the ground, exhausted. He carefully knelt down, trying to avoid waking the children he was carrying, as they had recently fallen asleep.

"Are you alright?" he asked, holding out his hand to her.

Jessica nodded, taking his hand with a kind smile. "Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks," she mumbled, giving a yawn. "Just...tired..." She let out a huge yawn then, interrupting herself.

"Okay. Try to keep moving though, I'm sure we'll get there soon," he assured her.

Jessica nodded again. "I know. It's just... Artemis has never done this to us before. We're usually prepared." Running after the group, which had gone ahead without them, Jessica slowed down to walk next to her two best friends, the twin daughters of Hephaestus, Leah and Dottie.

The Guardian smiled at the girls and made his way back to the group as well, moving quickly and smoothly, making sure that the two ginger-haired girls on his shoulders-Myah and Kiara-stayed snoring.

***

Later on, Artemis stopped, and the hunters sighed in relief, all collapsing to the ground. They were all panting for breath, completely exhausted. The Guardian stopped as well, and gently set down the two girls he was carrying, approaching Artemis.

She was standing at the top of a hill, staring down at something in the valley below.

"Milady?" he asked.

She didn't look at him, merely said: "We're here."

The Guardian continued to climb the hill towards her. "Where, milady?" he asked.

She turned back to look at him as he was merely feet away from her. "Here," she said, turning back around and nodding at something below.

Finally, the Guardian reached her side, and as he stood by her side, his eyes searching for what she was looking at, his jaw dropped. "Of course..." he muttered. "We're here..."

***

Word Count: 536

Average Words Per Chapter: 1885

Word Total: 7541

Posted: Saturday, September 17th, 2016

Edited and Re-Posted: 3rd October 2016

~CSP2708~

*Dylan_Walts*