| Chapter 8 || The Flames of War Have Caught |

Chapter Eight

The Flames of War Have Caught

*Third Person Point of View*

Télionix watched the exchange with fire in his eyes. He was supposed to be torn apart! He had been forced to reveal his identity to not only his peers, but also to the very people who had betrayed him and allowed him to be blasted to ash by their king!

"I must do something," he muttered, leaning forwards on his throne to slash through the image. He left the tent he'd claimed for his own and addressed his monsters.

"My brothers and sisters! We must destroy the demigods while they are weakened! They have grown lazy in their training! They rely on the guardians to protect them! We must target the guardians and force them to surrender! We must strike in all places! Split them up so that they cannot call reinforcements! Half of you will go to the Greek camp, and the other half will go to the Roman camp! As for me, I will deal with Perseus and those pesky hunters."

The monsters all let out cries of rage and war. They were ready to finally exact their vengeance upon the demigods and the gods who banished them to the dark pits of Tartarus. They all gathered and sharpened their weapons, whether they be swords, maces, or claws.

They were ready to attack.

***

It was the middle of the night, but Percy woke up. He sat straight up in his bed, his breath coming in short gasps. He could feel droplets of ice cold sweat trickling down his spine, sending his body into frantic shivers. Something bad was happening. He could feel it. Somewhere, somehow, his family and friends were in danger.

He quickly jumped out of bed, changing into his guardian's outfit. Leaving his tent, he saw... nothing. Relaxing for only a moment, he stepped fully out of the safety of his tent, grabbing his sword from his belt.

He stood guard for the remainder of the night, absolutely certain that something was going to happen. He didn't know what, and he didn't know when, but it would happen to his hunters. It would happen to his charge, Artemis, and he swore that he would protect her with his renewed life.

As always, his instincts never lied, as he felt a sudden change of temperature and air pressure, and suddenly, Télionix stood before him.

"I see you have been expecting me," he said, his voice conversational.

"Of course. I mustn't be rude to guests," Percy replied, his voice taking on the same conversational tone as his enemy. His fingers loosened on his sword, allowing himself to give off a less threatening appearance. He was ready to jump into action right away, though, as his many years of training allowed him to do.

"No," Télionix agreed, nodding his head, "You mustn't." He turned away from Percy for a moment, taking a few steps away from the camp with his hands clasped behind his back.

Suddenly he turned back to face Percy, "Are the others awake?" His eyes flickered to the tents as if expecting an ambush.

"I don't think that concerns you. We are having such a nice talk, why interrupt it?"

A smirk grew on Télionix's face. "Very well. How are you?"

"I'm good, thanks. And you?" Percy silently willed for his goddess and her followers to awaken, hoping that they would be able to fight along at his side and not be helpless to become collateral damage.

"I am very well, thank you. I was just telling some of my friends about you. We plan to destroy you all." His tone was light, and there was a bright smile on his face, neither of which were matching his words in any way.