| Chapter 14 || The Final Battle |

Chapter Fourteen

The Final Battle

*First Person Point of View ~ Greek Camper*

Everything was a blur ever since I woke up to the sound of screaming. I vaguely remember shooting up out of bed, scrambling to get dressed and strap on my armour, but after a weapon was pressed in my hand, all I saw were flashes of blood and dust and teeth.

My sword flashed in front of me, digging through monster flesh every few seconds. It was coated in dust from the monsters I destroyed. I could hear my heart beating wildly in my chest. My whole body vibrated from the unsteady pulses. My head pounded, but if I stopped to even think about it, I would die.

I fought for what felt like hours, and I could feel my limbs getting sore. My legs were burning, and my lungs felt like they'd been ripped from my chest long ago. I kept fighting though, because the waves of monsters just wouldn't stop. No matter how many I killed, more just appeared, ready to tear me apart.

Blood poured down my arms and torso from the many cuts and gashes that littered them. As I fought, I cursed all of the monsters that had gotten lucky enough to hurt me. Every wound gave the rest of the monsters a better chance of killing me.

I twirled my sword, using the new move that Artemis' guardian showed me the other day, and another empousia was sent back to Tartarus, her nasty scream echoing through my brain. Her two sisters took her place, their bronze legs clanging loudly and their donkey hooves clopping mutedly against the rocky earth.

I couldn't even stop to celebrate my victory, as the two of them attacked me, lashing out with their claws and their fangs. If I was any slower in my sidestep, they'd have had me on the ground, draining every single drop of blood out of my body.

Then, one attack ended it. I had just cut a dracaena in half when I felt sharp claws rake across my back. I cried out, turning to see a hellhound standing over my fallen form. It lunged, and I knew that I'd be no more. Right before I met my end, I closed my eyes, accepting my fate.

*Earlier That Morning*

*Third Person Point of View*

Percy had woken up the next day quite restless. He'd barely slept a wink due to all of the nightmares he'd had. He trudged towards breakfast, tired and sluggish. There were deep bags under his eyes, and to those around him, he was a roaming zombie.

That all changed, however, when the conch horn was blown three times, signaling an attack. Percy was wide awake within second, his whole body glowing. Once the glow dimmed, he stood there in full battle armour, the dark bags were gone and his eyes flicking back and forth, aware and alert. He took off in a mad run towards the border.

As soon as he arrived he saw so many monsters he nearly fainted. There were twice as many foes as he'd ever seen in his life, and he knew right away that they'd lose a fair number of campers in the fight. Before the battle even began, he knew they'd need more shrouds than ever before. It was a sad truth.

Percy threw himself into the fray, seeing that many campers were already there, fighting. He could see Apollo campers and the hunters, all sitting in the trees or other high places, picking off monsters with their impeccable aim. He could see Ares campers leading the others into battle with fierce cries, tearing through each and every creature that stood in their way. He could see Athena campers directing their kin into the fight, telling them a strategy that always ended with an entire squadron of monsters defeated.