Chapter 1

Running that's all I knew. That's all I've done because of what I was running from. Fear was coursing through me as I kept looking back as I ran through the woods that seemed to be endless. I was so tired but I couldn't risk stopping he would catch up. It's been at least 3 days now as I tried to keep up as I ran. But who might I be running from?

Well my mate that's who. The Alpha of the Silver Blood Pack. You are probably wondering why would I run from my mate we were soulmates meant for each other, but should your mate murder your family right in front of your eyes? Well that is all I'm reminded of as I look down at the blood splattered across the front of my shirt.

Even though it's been 3 days the metallic smell of the blood was still strong bringing the awful memories back as a tear slipped. He made me watch as he ripped the throats from my parents and raped my sister and killed her as well, all because of me. I couldn't do nothing to save them. I haven't shifted yet so I was useless.

They told me everything would be okay and that it was not my fault and the only reason I escaped was cause my older brother came in and told me to run, but before I got to far I looked back and watched as my brother's head fell to the ground. My mate was no saint I knew that from the beginning that's why when I caught sent of him being my mate I knew I had to run.

I feel like I am running out of breath and this isn't a great time for that. There is no way I'm stopping or slowing down anytime soon. I swear I can feel his breath as he pants and I try to run faster. Where could I run to? I have no idea the only family I know of is dead. That thought makes me want to grieve but I can't slow down for any reason. I have to run for them and for myself to keep our blood line running. As you know I am a werewolf, but not just some ordinary werewolf. I have a mix of fae and royals blood making me nowhere near ordinary and that's one of my reason of running. He would've used me and then rid of me after he got what he wanted.

Over my dead body would I let him use this to make his bloodline to come to be strong cause he wanted to rule all packs. He wanted nothing but power maybe that's why he was called Zeus. He sickened me from my core out my parents knew he was never any good, but they never knew I would have become his mate when I turned 20. Just my luck right this is why it's my fault their blood is in my hands. Why? Why would the moon goddess give me a mate so cruel? They say its fate but for me it was hell.

As I ran I heard a stream ahead and stopped as I came to it. My scent would wash off for some time if I run through it, but once I cross over it's no longer Silver Blood Pack territory. It becomes another packs territory not knowing what pack I don't care I'm going to risk it. Rushing through the water it nips at my skin as it cools my sweating body calming my muscles from all the running.

The sound of something rushing through the forest behind me as I waded through the river. I pushed myself to move faster and made it to the other side. Then I and only then did I allow myself to glance back and my heart jumped into my throat. Zeus was standing on the other side of the river glaring at me. Turning back around I started running again and didn't glance back even for a second after that.

Soon enough I heard wolves surrounding me, I stopped waiting for them to come out. A man with long blonde hair and green eyes walked out growling at me. "Why have you crossed into our territory she-wolf?", he growled at me. "I'm sorry for not requesting entrance but I need safety from my old pack's alpha.", I responded. He stopped growling and looked like he was deep in thought. Most likely communicating with his alpha and relaying my info. "My alpha says you may have an audience with him.", he states turning around. "Follow me to the pack house.", he starts walking in the direction of what I'm guessing is the pack house.