Battle Tactics

Zine stood in front of his mothers bedroom doors. Yesterday she had gotten worse. Much worse. It was now that they had too attack or she would die. Zine was sent to tell his mother the news. But here he was.
Teetering on the edge of his mothers room like she was teetering on the edge of death. Grim thoughts like this had been plaguing his mind all day.
The door swung open violently and there stood Indigo. Veil placed haphazardly over her head. She had taken it off. The seriousness of the situation hit him full blast as he stared at his sister. If she was asked to take off her veil that meant that his mother was much worse off. This meant she could die at any moment.
Quickly Zine ran into the room
And watched as his mother dropped her rosary and started gasping for air.
Zine ran over to her grabbed her hand. "Mom, hang on. By mornings light we'll have the cure. Just hang on." Zine said trying to convince himself that she would be okay by morning more than her.
Coughing and sputtering vache stared up into her eldest child's eyes. Blue like the ocean. She loved that. So much deeper than the sky.
"Beautiful boy." She croaked out.
Those were the last words.
It was a blur after that for Zine. He remembered leaving the room. He remembered telling his father. He remembered Indigo falling to her knees and Social Repose holding on to her. He didn't however, remember crying.
No one cried. No bodies racked with sobs. Just stunned silence as it settled in. Indigo was sat on the floor, closest to crying yet couldn't produce tears.
The king sat at his large desk in the war room. All of his family in different states of shock around the room.
An idea crept into his head. "I will destroy the Galec. We will burn all roses and and any one from Galec decent shall burn with them. Come men. We depart for justice immediately." He said spitting each word out like poison.
"Father you can't do that. They are people too. Most are refugees. They wouldn't hurt us, even if they were against the monarchy, they fear your backlash." Indigo said standing up and running to block the door.
"And that they should." The king said and shoved indigo to the floor.
Social repose picked her up and Zine ran over to them. "What has gotten into him?" Zine asked.
"Mourning. I just fear it has clouded his judgment." Indigo said as she watched her father march down the hall.
"I believe it already has." Zine said and slowly shut the doors as he turned towards the other two people into room. "What do we do?" He asked and it was silent for a while.
"There's nothing to do. We survive until war is over. We survive until mourning is over. We just survive." Indigo said in finality.
"Why." Social Repose asked "We can do anything you want us to sit still? Why not lock him in a room till he calms down? There is so much we can to to save this place and you choose to watch the world burn?"
"I'm a girl! I can't do anything. You aren't from here. You can't do anything! The only one who can is Zine and he's just one. One can't do anything!" Indigo yelled and stormed out of the room silence was deafening.

Alright sorry guys. I know I know. Its been forever. But I had writers block after killing the queen until this morning..... I'm American. A democratic American..... So I released my frustration here hope you enjoyed this chapter next one is gonna be a twist