IV

"what the heck I gotta dooooooo to be wit' youuuu!"

Marlene's high pitch singing pierced through the crowded mind of Clarke. The paintbrush slipped out of her hand as Marlene grabbed her from behind still screaming the lyrics.

If someone had happened to walk by the apartment all that would be heard was giggles and Anthony Ramos. Marlene twirled Clarke into the rolling chair and bounced around the room. A paintbrush was all that held her blonde hair in a messy bun. Her black skirt danced as she jumped around to the tune of the song.

"She was a light-skinned, Puerto Rican-Domincan — long hair, mature in the body like woah!"

The girls shook their hips as they danced along. The door slammed open as Alice got home from her work. Her eyes glowed as she joined in the emergency dance party. Whenever one of them was having an unusually bad day they had a dance party so they could get their mind off of what was bothering them.

Eventually the music came to an end and the gang collapsed on the MIS,arched furniture around the room.

"So Marls, do we need to fight anyone for you?" The atmosphere changed quickly due to the simple question.

Marlene's fave soured as she figured out how to say what she felt.

"Only if you can find the drunk driver that hit Lily Evans on her way home from school."