three

I have returned from the dead. I will try to update every Sunday. Chapter three, more like chapter... uh... D! D for Dean! I'm adding one character to the story who has already been introduced. So, enjoy!

Warning : Suspicious actions

Words : 1,217

_____

That one friendly gesture has turned into a normal routine. Honestly, I'm not complaining. I've always wanted to be the little spoon, so that he could wrap his comforting arms around my figure. Keeping me safe. At first, we would go to our separate rooms and then somehow, we always ended in the same bed in the mornings. Whenever we woke in the mornings, it used to be so awkward. He used to sneak out of the room when the crack of dawn had risen, him thinking that I wouldn't know that he snuck in. Now, he just comes in my room and goes to sleep with me knowing. Ever since that nightmare that night, we had started a new habit. After a minor disagreement, it turns out that I've been stealing his shirts for the longest time now.

His brother, Dean, is moving into our little humble abode. They had finally worked out their differences that I still don't know about, and Sam has invited Dean over for dinner many times already. When the younger brother found out that Dean was living in a motel room, we had graciously opened our doors for him.

I was currently carrying a box that I had to wrestle Dean for. "I don't want you to have to do this. I can do it," Dean mumbled after I sternly told him that I could carry a box. I turned to look at the green-apple-colored eyes to see that they were already studying my features. I huffed out a breath jokingly and gave him a friendly smile. We aren't close, so he wouldn't know if I was actually upset with him or not. As soon as he mirrored the actions, we ended the moment and continued to carry his things into Sam's old room.

After all the boxes were carelessly strewn about the room, Dean followed me into the living room. I broke apart from him and grabbed two beers, offering one to the man who had tried to overwork himself. I threw my body on the sofa which caused a deep chuckle to rise from the eldest brother. "What?" I asked while reaching forward for the television remote. He shook his head and kept the smile on his face. Since Sam was at work at the moment, Dean thought it was necessary to keep me company.

"Hey. Do you mind telling me about how you met Sammy?" Dean broke the silence that had surrounded us as we were watching Dr. Sexy, M.D. I quickly glanced over to him to already see his eyes looking deeply at me, intrigued by the question that escaped from his mouth. He quickly added, "Only if you're comfortable." I smiled at the stammering fellow planted beside me because he thought it was a touchy subject.

"Well, I met him when we both arrived at Stanford. It wasn't that exact day, but it was shortly after. I was close friends with Jessica Moore, so that is how I met him. We had a lot in common from how we always wanted to help people to which movies we loved. After breaking the ice, we all three hung out all the time. Then for some reason, Jess and Sam broke up, but still remained good friends. They still talk constantly which is amazing because they were such an amazing couple. Sam and I eventually became best friends, and we moved in together after we both graduated. I work night shifts at the Memorial Hospital, and he owns his own firm. Now, we have his brother back in his life as well," I smiled at Dean and turned my attention back to the screen that was playing the latest rerun of the show. What I didn't see was Dean's smile fell after my last statement.

6:00 approached fast while Dean and I were making stupid jokes and telling funny childhood stories. "I'm sorry to cut this short, but I have to get ready for work. Your brother will be home at 7:00, and luckily for you, I leave at 7:00," I gave my new friend a grin when I saw a relieved smile on his face. I stood on my feet and jogged to my room, leaving Dean with the television that constantly played Dr. Sexy, M.D. I grabbed my items of clothing, double-checking to make sure that I had my scrubs this time and walked to the bathroom to hole myself in for the next hour.

One time I was running late, so I had to rush through my pre-work routine. I was in such a hurry that I had forgotten every ounce of clothing that I needed with me. I didn't stress that much because I knew Sam wouldn't be home yet. I quickly showered and brushed my teeth and swung the bathroom door open, with a short towel wrapped around me. I didn't expect Sam to be standing at the door with his hand in a knocking position. The towel was really small so how I had it wrapped around my body was basically smothering my boobs and barely covering what it needed to cover.

I took my precious time in showering and lathering my hair. I started to hum a song unconsciously and then broke into a full song. After rocking a full show in about twenty-five minutes, I stepped from the bathroom that had transformed into a sauna and bounded over to the wall-sized reflection of me. I grabbed a small cloth from the side of the sink and cleared a chunk of the steam off. While staring my reflection down for a fault, I automatically seized and prepared my toothbrush. Whilst in the middle of brushing my teeth, there was a knock at the door. I glanced down to make sure that everything that needed cover was covered and opened the door to eye Dean holding a package. I look at his freckled face as his eyes hastily skimmed my body. My eyebrows drew together as he cleared his throat. "This is for you. I just... uh... wanted to let you know before I put it in your room," he shifted his mass onto each foot. I thanked him and sealed the door after he turn to head for my room. I returned to the looking glass to finish brushing my teeth. Then, I got ready for work.

I walked into the living room, running through a mental list to make sure I had everything I needed. While walking towards the pantry, I struck something firm which was the only reason I looked up. I craned my neck slightly to see shoulder-length hair and continued with my checklist, guiding around Sam carefully. I reached the destination of the fridge and grasped my thermos and closed the door, turning swiftly to see Sam placing food substances on the table top. He halted his movements after feeling my eyes on him and pitched me a heart-warming smile. I lightheartedly rolled my eyes and walked towards him. He twisted his body towards me while I laid my hand on his shoulder, placing a kiss on his cheek after he bent over.

"Off to work," I shouted to the two boys while I approached the doorway. I heard casual responses before I shut the door behind me.

_____

Broken Record Alert.

QOTC : What do you think the next chapter will be like?
AOTC : I already know. It will have to do with a workplace... and reading.

-A