Dear Riley

From: Mayaville

Subject: missing you

To: Rileytown

Sent: 17 April 2017 4:32PM IST UTC/GMT +1

Dear Riley,

Everything is beautiful here in Galway. I wish you could see it too. Shawn rented a car and we drove here to meet the rest of the Clutterbuckets. The countryside is gorgeous. I'm working on a painting of it for you.

I still can't believe that really happened at the airport. I've gone over it again and again in my mind. I can't stop thinking about the taste of your lips on mine. Would it be cliche to say you really did taste like honey?

I can't wait until I'm home again. I need to see you. I need to talk to you about where we go from here. I'm on top of the world, Riles. You are so beautiful, and I love you. I can see you in the sunsets here and in the flowers. Every once of nature reminds me of how pure and wonderful you are.

Look at me... getting mushy. I'm tempted to delete that just so it doesn't ruin my reputation.

I need to go. We are going out on one of the family fishing boats!

Love you,

Maya

-

From: Riley Matthews

Subject: RE: missing you

To: Peaches

Sent: 18 April 2017 10:17AM EDT UTC/GMT -4 hours

Dear Peaches,

I'm glad you're having a great time. I miss you. We will talk when you get home.

Love,

Riley

-

From: Mayaville

Subject: RE: missing you

To: Rileytown

Sent: 18 April 2017 08:42PM IST UTC/GMT +1

Dear Riles,

Is something wrong? You barely said anything in your email. It's not like you to be so quiet.

Maya

-

From: Riley Matthews

Subject: RE: missing you

To: Peaches

Sent: 19 April 2017 09:23AM EDT UTC/GMT -4 hours

Dear Peaches,

I'm missing you that's all. This is the farthest we've ever been apart and the longest I've gone without seeing you. It's making me realize just how important you are to me.

-

From: Mayaville

Subject: RE: missing you

To: Rileytown

Sent: 20 April 2017 05:13AM IST UTC/GMT +1

Dear Riles,

You're important to me too. I can't imagine life without you. I thought I had lost you when I told you how I felt, and now we're here. I couldn't be happier! I could go scream again. I won't. But I could.

-

From: Riley Matthews

Subject: RE: missing you

To: Peaches

Sent: 20 April 2017 01:39PM EDT UTC/GMT -4 hours

Peaches,

We will talk about all of that when you get home. I have so much I need to tell you. Be safe coming home tomorrow. I need you home safe.

Love,

Riley

-

Maya closed her laptop, smiling. Riley needs her to be safe. She bit down on her lip and allowed herself to drift back to last Saturday when Riley surprised her at the airport. I cannot wait to taste her lips again.

They were leaving tomorrow. Her alarm was set for 6am so they could get on the road back to Dublin for their afternoon flight home. Maya could not wait to see Riley, who for the last week she had been referring to as her girlfriend, despite that never being discussed.

-

From: Mayaville

Subject: RE: missing you

To: Rileytown

Sent: 21 April 2017 03:38PM IST UTC/GMT +1

Honey,

I get to see you today! We're about to board the plane now, but I had to send one more email. I can't wait to see you, Riles.

-

From: Riley Matthews

Subject: RE: missing you

To: Peaches

Sent: 21 April 2017 10:47AM EDT UTC/GMT -4 hours

Peaches,

Have a safe flight! Please come over as soon as you land. I need to see you. I've been so confused since I saw you last. The only thing I'm sure of is that I really want to kiss you again.

-

From: Mayaville

Subject: RE: missing you

To: Rileytown

Sent: 21 April 2017 03:52PM IST UTC/GMT +1

Riles,

You're confused? I don't know what that means. Shawn and my mom are dropping me over on their way back to our place. I want to kiss you again too... It's all I've been thinking about since I saw you last. I hope you aren't confused about us.

-

From: Riley Matthews

Subject: RE: missing you

To: Peaches

Sent: 21 April 2017 10:56AM EDT UTC/GMT -4 hours

I'm confused about me. Never about you. We'll talk when you're home. Be safe, Peaches. 

** I couldn't get the double spacing to turn off! Sorry for the intense line breaks in this chapter... I wanted email headings but they look kind of  weird with the double spaces **