Ch. 3: Recruting Archangel, pt. 3

The battle to get Garrus out began. Hazel ordered Miranda to stay with him, giving him cover with her biotics while she and Zaeed went downstairs, using Zaeed's strength and Hazel's tech and biotic powers to take care of any Eclipse that got past their sights.

"So, Shepard..." Zaeed turned to her as he ducked back down into cover, smirking. "You and 'Archangel' have a history?" Hazel blushed brightly.

"W-wha... no, I- Can we just focus on killing these guys and getting the hell out?"

Zaeed laughed. "I'm just messin' with ya, Commander!" He paused. "I wouldn't judge though." Hazel glared at him.

"Just focus on the task at hand, alright?" She peeked up and created a warp field, trapping two scouts who were immediately taken out by Garrus. It really was just like old times.

Now we just need Kaidan... Hazel sighed. God, she missed him so much.

"Heavy mech!" Zaeed shouted, catching her attention.

"Damn it, they're sending out the heavy mechs!" Garrus radioed.

"That problem should take care of itself," Hazel said, a small smirk on her face.

"What do you-" Garrus was cut off when he noticed the mech taking out the Eclipse soldiers. "Oh. Impressive!" Hazel grinned, watching the YMIR mech take out as many Eclipse soldiers as it could before self destructing.

She noticed Jaroth, the leader of the Eclipse, jump over the barricade and attacking. She took as many shots as she could before Garrus took him out with a shot to the head. "Scoped and dropped!" he proudly yelled.

"He do that often?" Zaeed asked.

"Nah. That's new," Hazel told him.

"Looks like that's all of them. Come find me before they regroup," Garrus radioed. Hazel and Zaeed joined back up with him and Miranda.

"You're kicking ass, Shepard. They barely touched me." He smiled. "And we got Jaroth in the process. I've been hunting that little bastard for months."

"Why were you after him?" Hazel asked curiously.

"He's been shipping tainted eezo all over Citadel space. Half the goods I seized back at C-Sec came from his team here on Omega. I took out a big shipment a while back and killed his top lieutenant in the process." He shrugged. "Not surprised he decided to work with the other mercs after that."

"We've still got Blood Pack and Blue Suns left. Think we can make a break for it?"

Garrus thought for a moment. "Maybe. Let's see what they're up to." He walked back over to the window. "They've reinforced the other side... heavily. But they're not coming over the bridge yet. What are they waiting for?"

An explosion and alarms blaring caught everyone's attention. Garrus tensed up.

"What the hell was that?" Miranda asked, her hand on her gun.

Garrus checked his omni-tool and growled softly. "Damn it. They've breached the lower level." He looked at Hazel. "Well they had to use their brains eventually. You'd better get down there, Shepard. I'll keep the bridge clear."

Like hell he was going to do that alone. He'd die!

"Let's split up two and two- keep one of my team here," Hazel suggested.

"You sure? Who knows what you'll find down there?" Hazel turned to Zaeed.

"Zaeed, stay with Garrus. Keep him alive."

"Roger that," Zaeed stated, pulling out his gun and preparing to fight. Garrus smiled a little.

"Thanks, Shepard. You better get going."