Catfish (Brohm)

"This is so stupid." Ryan groaned, watching as Luke put the finishing touches on the fake profile.

He stretched, having been at the computer for a couple hours working on this and making it believable. Luke had been doing all the work, creating the profile, finding a picture, all that sort of stuff.

Ryan watched in silence as Luke pressed the enter button, solidifying the fake account into reality.

"Done!" Luke's satisfied voice pierced through Ryan's apartment, the look of pride and joy crossing his face.

Luke stood up, patting Ryan's shoulder harshly and going to the fridge to grab something to drink.

"You are now the proud owner of  'Katie Winters'' account!"

Ryan stared at the screen of his laptop as he went over the day him and Luke had made this damned account.

He had thought it was a bad idea from the beginning, but Luke had said it would be funny, and maybe he'd make a couple friends out of the whole thing.

Yeah. Because telling someone you're not actually the person they think you are is definitely a friend making conversation.

But isn't that exactly what had just happened?

"Who's Bryce McQuaid?" Ryan asked, reading the name off of his suggestions box on the screen.

Luke turned to face him, looking down at the screen, squinting slightly so he could see the face along with the name.

Realization hit him and he rushed over, taking the mouse from Ryan and clicking "send request" instantly.

"Hey! What the fuck, Luke?!"

Luke chuckled, setting himself down next to the shorter male and clearing his throat before speaking.

"That's a friend of Jonathan's. He's always open to meeting new people."

Ryan stared at the profile picture, sighing as he did so.

For a month he had been doing this, mostly when Luke came over to chill, but other times when he was just bored.

The two had become experts on this, and had about 150 people thinking they were this Katie girl.

A message popped up on the screen, the person sending it? Bryce.

Ryan blinked, staring at the screen before him, hearing Luke's amused chuckles in the backround.

He read the message to himself silently, resting his elbows on the table and leaning into his hands.

'Hey! Do I know you?'

Make that 151.

Ryan shook his head, exhaling quietly as he looked out the window, blinking a couple times to adjust to the sunlight streaming in.

He should've stopped right then and there. He should've shut the account down and never touched it again.

But he didn't. And now he was supposed to be meeting Bryce.

Granted, he had told Bryce everything, but that still didn't make it any easier.

He was going to meet up with the person he had been lying to for over four months.

Four months.

Another flashback hit Ryan as he scrolled through his messages with the blonde male.