•|Chapter 1|•

The New Boy

"Welcome To Glendale High" The poster said as I walked into school. Once I was inside stares came from every where in the hall. As I was walking through all I heard was "She is so ugly." and "You know she is a loner right?". To me it was just another school day for me. By now I am used to all the negativity towards me.

Once I got my books I started walking to my first period. Everyone were out of the halls by now except a few people. One person caught my eye. He was wearing a black misfit shirt, black jeans, a black leather jacket that had pins all over it, and red plaid creepers. He seemed lost. I decided to help him out.

"Hey..Do you need help?"

" Yes..I need to know where Mr.Stewart's Reading class is."

"Follow me...that is my first period."

We were walking in complete silence and all you could hear was the sound of our feet hitting the floor.

"Soo...What is your name?"

"Jacob.Jacob Perez. I just moved here"

"oh..cool"

"What is your name?"

"Aaliyah Thompson"

"That is a pretty name" he says and smiles

If you would have seen his smile you would have melted. It was gorgeous. I just blushed turning my head to the side so he wouldn't see.

"Thanks"

Once again...Complete silence.

When we reached the door we walked in. All eyes on us. I heard some mumbles and got some glares but I really didn't care. I finally found my seat and sat down. Jacob sat down right beside me.My school doesn't really care about new kids. It is basically get in where you fit in.

"AYO LOOK AT THE TWO LOSERS." Craig The Jock yelled out. Causing the class to burst into laughter. They really are mature if you ask me.

When I looked over at Jacob he had look that basically read confusion and hurt.

"Here if you dress different or not up to date on the newest trends you are either "Basic" or a "Loser"."

He twist his lips in thought. Man it was adorable.

"Why would any one want another person to wear the same clothing as them or shoes? Dare to be different is my motto."

"I know right."

Throughtout the whole class we just talked and talked. When the bell rung it was time for lunch. Jacob and I decided to walk together. We grabbed our food and sat at an empty table.

"So. Why is this school so judgemental?" he says while eating a fry

"To be honest I don't even know...ever since I've been going here it has been that way. If you don't have the newest Jordans or high waist jeans you go to the bottom of the social pyramid."

"Wow."

In the middle of our conversation about rock bands a girl approached us.

"Hey..uh...Is anybody sitting here?"

"Nope...You can sit there."

"Okay."

".....What is your name?" Jacob says

"Leah Cole. I just moved here....and I'm struggling to find friends."

"Well Leah you just found yourself two new friends..I'm Aaliyah and this is....."

"I am Jacob..I just moved here also."

"Cool..I guess I am the new girl and you are the new boy."

"Yea I guess so." he says chuckling

Throughout our lunch we bonded as if we knew each other our whole lives. I guess you can say the new kids are my first friends. I think this friendship with Jacob and Leah will last a long period of time.

____________________

@/_xsimone_x

5 votes 5 comments