Medicine II

[You've got a warm heart,
You've got a beautiful brain.
But it's disintegrating,
From all the medicine.
(...)
You could still be,What you want to.
What you said you were,
When I met you.
When you met me.
When I met you.]

- Medicine, Daughter.

Who placed the flower in that vase?

When Sasuke Uchiha walked out of Naruto Uzumaki's house, he had on a dumb smile. He appreciated that there was no one around to be witness of such undignified expression on his face. Now he understood as to why people said that love was like a great red rose. It really was.

Naruto saying that it was okay to try and have something, seemed to be the most incredible thing he had ever heard. Although calling their relationship 'something' was clumsy on his part, to Sasuke it seemed correct, because 'something' was difficult to define. And this was so: difficult to define with words.

How did the flower live?

There were days in which they held hands, they did it being scared, with fear, with doubt.

Sasuke almost always took initiative whenever it came to physical contact because it was the only way he knew to express his love. Nobody ever told him how to talk about how he felt. Because in his family, the men wouldn't and would never be educated to be sentimental or romantic. The men were instructed to be leaders, outstanding, and reasonable.

Naruto was the one with words. The one with the corny phrases and the loving whispers. The one who felt with intensity. The one who got emotional, the transparent one, the one that got embarrassed when Sasuke touched him, because there was no one in the past, external to his family, that caressed him with so much love.

There were days in which they hugged each other.

And they remained much time like that, without saying anything, hearing the noise of their breathing and the beating of their hearts. They didn't need words in these moments. The comfort of each other's arms was the only thing that urged them.

There were days in which Sasuke touched Naruto's face, looking for something that would disgust him but he couldn't find anything and in some way, that made him happy.

There were days in which Naruto looked at Sasuke's face, looking for something to admire but by surprise discovered that he already knew everything about it.

There were days in which they loved each other so much that the intensity they did it with hurt them.

How did it wilt?

Sasuke knew from the beginning that his relationship with Naruto was a mistake, but not for him, for the society. There were times in which he heard his father talk about homosexual relationships with condemnation. His mother and his brother never said anything against it, they only maintained silence, probably because hate comments didn't go with them.

That's why, when his relationship with Naruto was discovered and his punishment was severe, it didn't surprise him. But he did curse himself over and over again for being so clumsy, for not protecting the first bond he had formed with another person.

The white walls, the ceiling painted in blue and the gray curtains were the only thing he contemplated for seven days. His father had locked him in in his room so he could think about what he was doing with his life, after all, from Fugaku's perspective, that 'relationship' was nothing but a mistake, a stupidity, a teenage craze...

He frowned and smiled in a sour way. None of the adjectives his father gave to his relationship with Naruto were correct.

He asked himself about Naruto with each minute that passed; if he was okay; if he had eaten; if he wasn't skipping classes...