One

Semi-AU. Shortly after Kakashi's father kills himself, Kakashi disappears. And it looks like he put up quite a fight so everyone knows he didn't leave willingly. However, no matter what anyone does, how many rumors they chase, they never find him. Now, years later, Team Seven and their teacher, Obito, stumble across one of Orochimaru's hidden labs. And there they find the results of the Sannin's human experiments.

I own nothing! This is a roleplay on Quotev I'm in. Credit for the idea goes to ObitoxKakashi on LiveJournal.

The young sensei leaped from tree branch to tree branch, ahead of his squad members Sasuke, Sakura, and Naruto. It was just a precaution, and he didn't want anything to happen to his students.

"Hey, Obito-Sensei, what exactly is our mission?" The blonde knuckle head asked, obviously not catching on.

"You idiot. We're going to investigate one of Orochimaru's hideouts. Were you paying attention at all?" Sasuke glared.

The constant bickering between the two only reminded Obito of his lost comrade- and he could never forgive himself for letting him go. "Alright you two, stop it, and stay on guard alright? Geez." Obito was practically face-palming.

Obito was unusually more careful than usual. Of course- He's going to be entering a Sannin's territory. He wasn't afraid of losing his life, but his student's lives were on the line. They've been on the road for two days now, and it's coming to the end of the third day. Well, at least they were getting closer.

"Uh... sensei?"
Obito spun around, "What's up, Naruto?"

The blonde was pointing ahead and when Obito realized what it was, he halted to a stop. The hideout, the entrance. It was there.

"..Naruto.. Sasuke.. Sakura.. I'd like to remind you that the enemy we might be facing isn't an ordinary one. It's Lord Orochimaru, a Sannin. If we bump into him.. I want all three of you to run. Understood?"

Sakura stopped along with the boys and looked at Obito-sensei. "What if we don't run away and try to help you?" She asked. "Because we all know Naruto is stubborn and won't leave easily." She said, giving the blonde a meaningful glance. "And I bet Sasuke can help you at least, both of you being Uchiha and all."

There was a lot of truth in what Sakura said. Naruto wouldn't leave even if it was the Hokage who ordered him to. And Sasuke- a fellow Uchiha- He's a pretty strong shinobi as well. With a sigh, he continued on forward, "You three are to do as I say."

Three soft "Hai" were his response.

On Obito's signal, he lead the team carefully towards the entrance. Of course he wouldn't want to be going in there until the coast was clear. He told Naruto to summon Gamakichi to go ahead in and the eager Naruto did it right away. Gamakichi went in, and the next ten minutes or so was an anxious wait. Finally, the little toad hopped out, giving a signal that it was all clear.

"Alright. Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke, we'll make our move. Naruto, you'll be the middle man, along with Sakura. Sasuke, you'll be at the back, while I'll stay in the front. Everyone understand?"

"Hai." Sakura nodded and went to stand beside Naruto. "Don't mess anything up." She whispered.

"Why are you telling me that?" Naruto asked.

"Shut up." Sasuke sighed. "You'll give us away."

The jounin crept deeper into the dark hideout that was merely lighted up by a few candles along the hallway. He could hear the sound of machines...or something. Inhumane noises that is, and decided to go towards it. What is it that this man's up to? More experiments? How sick.