Three

When Obito came back, he found Kakashi asleep. He smiled softly and picked him up, surprised at how light he was, and put him on is back. "Let's get going everyone." He said.

Naruto summoned some more clones to help get everyone off. There was at least ten men, women, and children maybe closer to twenty. So it would definitely take a lot longer to get back. Maybe they could drop some of them off at a town and let them start a new life. Of course they would get regular visits, they just would've have to walk all the way to Konoha.

Kakashi woke up during the walk and offered to walk himself. He was still somehow stubborn, but only barely. "I can help." He said. But it ended up sounding more like a question. Was he able to help or would he just slow them down even more?

His voice startled Obito slightly. He was sure that he was fast asleep. The Uchiha looked over his shoulder and grinned upon setting his eyes on the male on his back. "No way. You're staying on my back, Kakashi. I'm in charge of this squad so you have to listen to me." It came out more as a tease actually.

Kakashi sighed and relaxed again. Not like he could do anything about it. He couldn't attempt to anger the Uchiha and declare a win when he made a wrong move. They weren't kids anymore. He would have to get used to Obito being in charge. He breathed deeply and took in Obito's scent. It was better than he remembered.

Going to the hideout took days, and with the number of injured, it might slow them down even more. Obito kept pushing, going ahead as much as he could, taking ample breaks when needed.

-time skip 4 days and they're back-

Obito breathed heavily, completely exhausted. Finally, they're at the southern entrance to Konoha. "Wahoo, we're finally back home!" Naruto could be seen pumping his fist in the air.

Kakashi looked around with his one eye. "Home." He said softly after Naruto. He was home. It was over. No more experiments. It was over.

Obito chuckles softly, right after he mumbled out the word home. "It's been.. years. Welcome back.. Kakashi." He looked over his shoulder, grinning like a fool. "C'mon. We've got to take you to the hospital before I show you around-"

"Um." Kakashi interrupted. "I think Sakura did a good job. I don't need to go to the hospital." He wasn't sure what that was rising in his chest, but he did not want to go to the hospital.

Obito furrowed his eyebrows, tilting his head. "Oh come on, you don't have to act all tough you know! You need rest as well. You can stay at my place till you get yourself your own apartment."

Kakashi nodded slightly. "Just no hospital yet." He was dead set on not going to the hospital. At least, not yet.

Obito rolled his eyes. "Fine. Sakura, Naruto. You two go to the hospital and take the remaining men with you. Sasuke, come with me to the Hokage's office."

"All right!" Naruto fist bumbed the air.

Sakura sighed. "Okay... Bye Sasuke. I'll see you later."

Sasuke nodded shortly before looking at the two adults. He wondered was this going to change a lot of things around here.

Kakashi had tried at least five times to get off of Obito's back and walk himself. But Obito just kept denying him that.

"How's Minato-sensei? Did he become the Hokage like he wanted?" Kakashi asked.

Obito's steps slowed down for a moment until he came to a srop. He lifted his head and looked towards the Hokage Rock. "He did."

Kakashi looked and saw the familiar face carved in stone. He smiled a small smile. "It doesn't look like he changed a bit."

Obito breathed deeply. "He never did change."

Sasuke just listened silently. He figured it was better that way. The looks they were getting was a bit unnerving, but he didn't show it.

Were they talking about the fourth Hokage? And if so, was Obito going to tell him what happened about 14 years ago?

"Why don't you want to go to the hospital?" Obito asked, looking back at Kakashi.

"No particular reason." Kakashi said. "I just don't want to yet."

"The Hokage is going to send you to the hospital, you know."

Kakashi sighed and rested his head on Obito's shoulder. "I know." He muttered.

It didn't take them to long to get to the Hokage's office. It was getting in that what took so long. They wouldn't let Kakashi in, not recognizing him. And Obito refused to go in without him. Sasuke just sat up against the wall and watched this.

"Finally." He muttered as the door was opened and they were allowed in. Obito motioned for Sasuke to go in first.

"Ah. Sasuke. Obito. Good to see you're-" The Hokage turned around and lifted his hat. "Obito..." He said softly.

Kakashi looked at the Hokage and their eyes met.

"So it is you." He said.

Kakashi closed his eye and held up a hand. "Long time, no see."

"Indeed. Sit, all three of you." The Hokage motioned to the boys and they all sat down. "Okay, Sasuke. You explain what happened first."

"Hai." Sasuke said and began to explain what they found, and what they did.

Then Obito took over to explain what he found as he went back inside. Orochimaru was not there, but was apparently due for a visit within the next hour. At least, that's what the worker said after being interrogated.

"Good job. You all deserve a rest. Obito, take Kakashi to the hospital and the medics will contact you once he is cleared."

Obito glanced at Kakashi and saw him tense up. Obito stood up and offered a hand to Kakashi.

Kakashi pushed himself up, almost falling over. During the whole conversation, he had been looking around, trying to recognize anything. He had seen the photograph of the familiar blonde man. He did become Hokage, thank goodness. But... why was the Third here instead?

"You heard him. We have to get going." Obito said.

"I'm just gonna go." Sasuke said before walking out.

Kakashi nodded a bit. "I can walk."

"You're funny." Obito grinned and put an arm around Kakashi. "I'll stay with you until the doctors kick me out. Okay?"

Kakashi breathed deeply and nodded.

Hiruzen watched the two and smiled softly. He had pushed the idea of Kakashi being alive to the back of his head, as to not get his hopes up. But, he was relieved the young man was safe once again. He chose not to ask about his eye, seeing as it was covered and the Uchiha's gave no report about it. He knew he would eventually find out, but it didn't help his peace of mind.

Kakashi was found in one of Orochimaru's labs. And has probably been there for many years, seeing as he disappeared before he even got to Chunin. This recovery process was going to be hard.